Need older ATI driver

jage

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
OK, according to an old document on a ati.com subdomain I need ATI's Proprietary Linux driver version 8.14.13 (IIRC) to work with my Radeon Mobility x600.

The only reference I can find to a linux driver is to ati-driver-installer-8.16.20-i386.run which in every instance is "I have this on my desktop and..."

What I need is to get the OLD ATI drivers. I know they were downloadable from ati.com, but every other ati.com page I can find redirects to amd.com. amd.com gives me dropdowns which lead to a message that the OEM is responsible for my laptop. Going to HPs site gives ONLY Windows XP drivers as this is an older laptop and card.

So I know the drivers were downloaded a lot, I know the files are out there but AMD points to the manufacturer, the manufacturer doesn't recognize linux and I cannot find an alternative download source... wishing they'd just left the drivers on ATI with a disclamer, or provide the driver with a disclaimer has got me nowhere- so... where can I get a copy of ati-driver-installer-8.*.*-i386.run files OR the drivers themselves (or both if I need them).

jage

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
DogSnake that was exactly what I was looking for but unfortunately it failed anyway. (Radeon Mobility x600 under linux mint 11).

I also tried the current linux AMD drivers, despite my card not being supported- for the record, not only did that not work but it messed up the native drivers enough I have to go figure out how to restore them, or uninstall the .run...

Thanks anyway!