Need opinion on using Cingular + Internet + E*Trade (stock..

I am in the New York City area and have been a Cingular customer for 2 years
now.

I wanted to find out (or get opinions) from folks on the following scenario:

I am thinking of getting a Motorola V600 and getting Wireless Internet. My
sole purpose is to be able to us my phone to be able to trade stocks. Let
me make it perfectly clear. I would probably use the phone about 40 times
per month to only get a stock quote and make a maximum of 5 trades.

1) I don't see E*Trade (my broker) on the list of the Cingular Wireless
Internet Content Providers. Will I still be able to use E*trade website
and login?

2) In order to log-in to E*trade, get quotes or place actual trades, must I
get Wireless Internet Express or Wireless Internet?

3) Since I have never used a PDA and/or cell phone to access the Internet,
can someone please give me an idea of aproximately how many bytes (or K's)
to do the following two transactions:

a) Get online. Go to www.etrade.com Login. Check 3 stock quotes.
Logoff.
b) Get online. Go to www.etrade.com Login. Enter one trade. Gte a
stock quote. Logoff.

Thanks everyone for your help and/or suggestions!

While I don't have experience in dealing with the particular scenario
you mentioned, I think this
(https://us.etrade.com/e/t/estation/help?id=0101000000) article should
give you all the information you ask for.

M. B. wrote:
> I am in the New York City area and have been a Cingular customer for 2 years
> now.
>
> I wanted to find out (or get opinions) from folks on the following scenario:
>
> I am thinking of getting a Motorola V600 and getting Wireless Internet. My
> sole purpose is to be able to us my phone to be able to trade stocks. Let
> me make it perfectly clear. I would probably use the phone about 40 times
> per month to only get a stock quote and make a maximum of 5 trades.
>
> 1) I don't see E*Trade (my broker) on the list of the Cingular Wireless
> Internet Content Providers. Will I still be able to use E*trade website
> and login?
>
> 2) In order to log-in to E*trade, get quotes or place actual trades, must I
> get Wireless Internet Express or Wireless Internet?
>
> 3) Since I have never used a PDA and/or cell phone to access the Internet,
> can someone please give me an idea of aproximately how many bytes (or K's)
> to do the following two transactions:
>
> a) Get online. Go to www.etrade.com Login. Check 3 stock quotes.
> Logoff.
> b) Get online. Go to www.etrade.com Login. Enter one trade. Gte a
> stock quote. Logoff.
>
> Thanks everyone for your help and/or suggestions!

Unfortuantely, it really doesn't say anything about how many bytes it uses
up or any ithger information that I asked here for.

But thanks for trying!