Need opinions about this build for my friend!

ThatAfricanDude

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
Righto, his budget was 800$ because since we live in africa we have to pay shipping :l

Also will the psu be quality and sufficient for this rig?

Cpu: intel core i5 4360
Gpu: gigabyte gtx 960 (the one with two fans)
Ram: kingston hyperx fury 2x4gb
Mobo: msi z97m-g43
SSHD: seagate sshd 1tb (since it costs too much to have a ssd and hdd for this build)
PSU: evga 500w (i think it is 80+ bronze)

Case: Corsair carbide air 240

so what do you guys think?

Solution
It's a decent build. The power supply you have selected could be better, but since the system does not appear to need overclocking headroom it should do fine. Both the CPU and the GPU are low powered so the system shouldn't even need the full 500w. If you want to be safer with the overall quality of the PSU, then look for a Seasonic/XFX unit in the 500w-650w range.
It's a decent build. The power supply you have selected could be better, but since the system does not appear to need overclocking headroom it should do fine. Both the CPU and the GPU are low powered so the system shouldn't even need the full 500w. If you want to be safer with the overall quality of the PSU, then look for a Seasonic/XFX unit in the 500w-650w range.

Solution

Shopping sites are blocked for me while I am at work. :( If that is a XFX 550w that you are trying to link, it is an excellent unit and should provide plenty of power. All XFX power supplies are manufactured by Seasonic as well. ;)

ThatAfricanDude

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014

it is indeed the xfx ts 550w :)

thanks for your help

No problem, anytime. :)

TRENDING THREADS