[SOLVED] Need opinions on whether fan setup works with my current build

Dec 31, 2021
Fan setup ( IMAGE )

I would have 6 intake fans , 2 different trio
Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200, High Performance Cooling Fan, 3-Pin, 1200 RP ( 3 ) ( side of the case ) ( intake )
Corsair AF Series AF120 LED (2018) CO-9050082-WW 120mm White LED Case Fan, 3-Pack(3) ( front pannel ) ( intake )

I would have 3 exhaust fans:
Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.Black.swap, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (140mm, Black) ( 2 ) ( top of the case ) ( exhaust )
Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200, High Performance Cooling Fan, 3-Pin, 1200 RPM ( 1) Back of the case )

There would also be a CPU cooler with two fans pushing toward the back of the case:
Noctua NH-U12A chromax.Black, 120mm Single-Tower CPU Cooler (Black)

I am wondering if this configuration will properly cool down my rtx 3060 ti and not create too much turbulence or other problems . Any suggestions are welcome.

Would 1000W be adequate as well. This is i7-12700kf

Last edited:
Solution
11 fans total.

Hundreds of various permutations possible.

I don't know how anyone could give you a halfway accurate answer. You are holding all the cards. You may find that 5 or 6 fans works as well as 11.

You need to take into account whatever fan control you have in the BIOS, as well as ambient temperatures and your personal tolerance for noise. And come to a conclusion about how worthwhile it is to drive temperatures from X to X minus 5.
11 fans total.

Hundreds of various permutations possible.

I don't know how anyone could give you a halfway accurate answer. You are holding all the cards. You may find that 5 or 6 fans works as well as 11.

You need to take into account whatever fan control you have in the BIOS, as well as ambient temperatures and your personal tolerance for noise. And come to a conclusion about how worthwhile it is to drive temperatures from X to X minus 5.

Reactions: ACTIVIUS
Solution