[SOLVED] Need overclocking assistance

Marxez

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
Hey!

I am trying to overclock my pc with a AsRock B450M Pro 4 motherboard. I have a Ryzen 5 -1400 CPU. I got stuck during the procedure.
I cannot find an option for the multiplier in the BIOS. I can set the frequency and the voltage but nothing else.

Image here.

I tried overclocking just by setting the frequency and the voltage but it did not work.
Any suggestions on how can i do this?

Solution
Hey!

I am trying to overclock my pc with a AsRock B450M Pro 4 motherboard. I have a Ryzen 5 -1400 CPU. I got stuck during the procedure.
I cannot find an option for the multiplier in the BIOS. I can set the frequency and the voltage but nothing else.

Image here.

I tried overclocking just by setting the frequency and the voltage but it did not work.
try to update the chipset driver to the latest and update the bios to the latest after it. there are some improvement in the latest bios. could you change the frequency manually tho?

My disc is Koekieezz#0061 if you wanted to talk abt it.
Hey!

Image here.

try to update the chipset driver to the latest and update the bios to the latest after it. there are some improvement in the latest bios. could you change the frequency manually tho?

Solution

Marxez

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
From your screenshot
"Description:
If Manual, multiplier and voltage will be set based on user selection"

Bclk = 100MHz, so setting 3.2GHz = 32x multiplier. (Verify on CPUz)

First i had my bios version at P2.0 that had a BCLK option but i updated it to P3.50 which does not. Can i still make it work?

Marxez

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020

I am going to try to update the chipset, i think i have the latest BIOS now. I tried to change the frequency but it did not apply after booting.

Marxez

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020

The chipset driver would be the Ryzen Master? I am not actually sure what a chipset driver is.

Marxez

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
which one?
It is the P3.50 version. From here.

no it's different. google for amd chipset driver, download and install it.
On the AMD site i googled i can either search by my exact product or search manually selecting the chipset. By choosing the Ryzen 5 1400 CPU im able to download the Ryzen Master. By choosing manually the chipset - am4 - b450 i downloaded a chipset software which i just installed.

Do i need to set the BCLK or anything else?
no you dont. could you enter the value manually? try 1.35v for Voltage, 1.15 SOC Voltage, and try to slowly increase the frequency. try between 3.6 - 3.8, stay on 1.35v voltage , and dont forget to use ryzen balanced power plan. dont forget to disable sb spread spectrum.

i could help you with ram but i need info on the IC. try to use thaiphoon burner to find which ic is your rams.

just to make sure you need the latest amd chipset driver installed from amd website, so that it will show the amd ryzen balanced power plan and use that. also after installing bios need to be the latest (5.30).

Last edited:

Marxez

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
Here are the results of my rams. I did research before i started the overclocking. I found out you can set around 3900-4000 frequency for the cpu to settle on.
By the way the overclocking was successful so far. My frequency is currently at 3600.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#Download
There's a line item for "AMD chipset driver ver.3.10.22.706
Ryzen Master not needed.
he already using the latest chipset driver from amd directly, no need old version.

Just change the frequency to whatever you want (3.5GHz?). That will actually change the multiplier to 35x. Problem solved.
also he is trying to find his potential, atleast there is no "Problem Solved" for this one XD

Reactions: tennis2