[SOLVED] Need PC Help!!

kevnnguyen

Prominent
Nov 30, 2020
Okay so I'm building my friends PC and I boot it up and it works just fine. However, its not detecting my usb for windows(completely other issue dont worry about this). So I restart the system and it boots up just fine fans are running, mobo lights, whole nine yards. But theres no post, my monitor displays nothing and says "no display port input". To make sure its not just my monitor or cable, I grab my PC and boot it up with the same cable and same monitor and it works just fine. So im starting to freak out and I try resitting the ram sticks, nothing, I also tried putting in the ram from my PC and it doesn't work. Help would really be appreciated.
Note: Display port plugged into GPU

Specs:
CPU: Intel I5-10400f
GPU: MSI 5600xt
MOBO: Gigabyte B460M DS3H V2
PSU: EVGA 600W 80+ BR
RAM: T-Force Vulcan 2x16 at 3000mhz

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Okay so I'm building my friends PC and I boot it up and it works just fine. However, its not detecting my usb for windows(completely other issue dont worry about this). So I restart the system and it boots up just fine fans are running, mobo lights, whole nine yards. But theres no post, my monitor displays nothing and says "no display port input". To make sure its not just my monitor or cable, I grab my PC and boot it up with the same cable and same monitor and it works just fine. So im starting to freak out and I try resitting the ram sticks, nothing, I also tried putting in the ram from my PC and it doesn't work. Help would really be appreciated.
Note: Display port plugged into GPU

Specs:
CPU: Intel I5-10400f
GPU: MSI 5600xt
MOBO: Gigabyte B460M DS3H V2
PSU: EVGA 600W 80+ BR
RAM: T-Force Vulcan 2x16 at 3000mhz
Is the monitor cable in VGA or HDMI? In any case, it is possible that in BIOS your graphics output is set to the onboard graphics card and that could be one reason why you get no output, try connecting the monitor to the onboard VGA output and see if it solves your issue.
Also don't freak out, these things happen and they are for the most part eventually solved, although I know how you must be feeling.

kevnnguyen

Prominent
Nov 30, 2020
Is the monitor cable in VGA or HDMI? In any case, it is possible that in BIOS your graphics output is set to the onboard graphics card and that could be one reason why you get no output, try connecting the monitor to the onboard VGA output and see if it solves your issue.
Also don't freak out, these things happen and they are for the most part eventually solved, although I know how you must be feeling.
It is connected through a display port cable on my gpu and I also tried HDMI as well and no luck but thanks I will try this