Aug 28, 2021
what’s fx 8350
oem fx aio
asus mobo
8 gb xpg ram

worth?

wish it had 16gb of ram…

so what would you pay for it?

even my E3 1240 v2 is better than an FX 8350 in price/performance. They're both the same 4 core 8 threads, but an FX 8350 sucks more power for more ghz to beat my cpu, i confirm this with my friend 4.3 ghz all core fx 8370 perform almost the same in multi core. Yes in Architechtural level it is 8 core 8 threads but because of how it work it is 4 core 8 thread. wouldn't pay for it.

Since your last post is pretty confusing as you were talking to yourself about picking cpu withh more cores, even talking about none to release alderlake i9 then a 11700k and 3700x, i think you need to rewrite your words more better.

Soviet45

BANNED
Aug 28, 2021
even my E3 1240 v2 is better than an FX 8350 in price/performance. They're both the same 4 core 8 threads, but an FX 8350 sucks more power for more ghz to beat my cpu, i confirm this with my friend 4.3 ghz all core fx 8370 perform almost the same in multi core. Yes in Architechtural level it is 8 core 8 threads but because of how it work it is 4 core 8 thread. wouldn't pay for it.

Since your last post is pretty confusing as you were talking to yourself about picking cpu withh more cores, even talking about none to release alderlake i9 then a 11700k and 3700x, i think you need to rewrite your words more better.
just saw them going high on ebay but i found a good deal on craigzlist so id wanna possibly flip it

So, here's the deal. Just because you see somebody ASKING a certain price on Ebay, does NOT mean they are GETTING that price. You can ask anything for anything, it doesn't mean you're ever going to move it.

I could ask ten dollars for a bag of dog crap, that doesn't make a bag of dog crap WORTH ten dollars.

In truth, Bignasty is 100% correct. The FX platform is garbage, it was always garbage, and it's ONLY redeeming quality, EVER, was that it was substantially cheaper than the majority of Intel platforms. Cost was it's only attraction. It never performed well, whether we're talking about Bulldozer or Piledriver architectures. And now, 9 years or so later, they are worthwhile pretty much only for people with very little money and no system at all, looking for very cheap internet browsing hardware, or for very basic, entry level gaming systems for kids looking to play basic potato games like Minecraft. That's it.

Other than that, they have very little to no value (In the US and most countries where hardware is actually somewhat available these days) for people looking to run modern games or applications. Some less developed regions where hardware is hard to come by, they might still have some value to the average person but even then I know of many members that have come to us from places like India, Bangladesh and other places looking to get away from those platforms despite the high cost of worthwhile hardware there.

Thinking you can get a couple of hundred dollars for an FX based system is purely fantasy, unless you find somebody else who also hasn't a clue what any particular hardware is worth. Now pardon me while I go gather up a bundle of sticks from under the tree in my backyard and list them on Ebay for 50 bucks.

Soviet45

BANNED
Aug 28, 2021
So, here's the deal. Just because you see somebody ASKING a certain price on Ebay, does NOT mean they are GETTING that price. You can ask anything for anything, it doesn't mean you're ever going to move it.

I could ask ten dollars for a bag of dog crap, that doesn't make a bag of dog crap WORTH ten dollars.

In truth, Bignasty is 100% correct. The FX platform is garbage, it was always garbage, and it's ONLY redeeming quality, EVER, was that it was substantially cheaper than the majority of Intel platforms. Cost was it's only attraction. It never performed well, whether we're talking about Bulldozer or Piledriver architectures. And now, 9 years or so later, they are worthwhile pretty much only for people looking for very cheap internet browsing hardware, or for very basic, entry level gaming systems for kids looking to play basic potato games like Minecraft. That's it.

Other than that, they have very little to no value (In the US and most countries where hardware is actually somewhat available these days) for people looking to run modern games or applications. Some less developed regions where hardware is hard to come by, they might still have some value to the average person but even then I know of many members that have come to us from places like India, Bangladesh and other places looking to get away from those platforms despite the high cost of worthwhile hardware there.

Thinking you can get a couple of hundred dollars for an FX based system is purely fantasy, unless you find somebody else who also hasn't a clue what any particular hardware is worth.
if you look at the bids on ebay you’ll be surprised

the oem aio is extremely rare

the motherboard that i got, on ebay all bids are above 70

i made 300$ off the i9 so i’ll definitely make at least double off this

let’s say you have a budget of 150$ what sounds better: a funky ass 4 core with dell mobo without cpu cooler or a 8 core with fx aio and an amazing motherboard?

try playing bf5 with 4 cores and then try with an any 8 core and see how much better it is

higher end phenom goes for over 100$
why wouldn’t fx go for 75?

as i said if you’re on a budget and you have 100-150$ bruh you going to go for the fx/phenom

asus mobos are #1 in the world that’s why used one from am3 goes for over 70

Soviet45

BANNED
Aug 28, 2021
in all honesty 6700k is worth 40/50$ but look at what they’re going for. I can buy a 3700x for 220$. the used market is a joke and im using it to make money.
<edited by moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:
in all honesty 6700k is worth 40/50$ but look at what they’re going for. I can buy a 3700x for 220$. the used market is a joke and im using it to make money.
🤢🤮
I don't think that kind of commentary is necessary. You don't see anybody else here saying Russia, or China, or Ukraine, or Timbuktu, or wherever, is a joke, or putting down other countries. I think you've fired the wrong barrel this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lutfij

popatim

Titan
I don't think that kind of commentary is necessary. You don't see anybody else here saying Russia, or China, or Ukraine, or Timbuktu, or wherever, is a joke, or putting down other countries. I think you've fired the wrong barrel this time.

Agreed. and the comment has been edited out. This thread is now closed.

@Soviet45 Good luck with your sales. I'm glad these systems are getting some use and not clogging up landfills instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS