[SOLVED] Need Recommendation for entry level PSU

Nov 13, 2020
Hello, im new to this forum and im from third world country. My system isnt going to be power hungry, so 450-500w PSU is actually fine. These are some PSUs that i can find :

-Enermax Revobron Bronze 500W
-CoolerMaster MWE V2 Bronze 550W
-EVGA BQ Bronze 500W
-Antec NeoEco II Bronze 450W
-Seasonic S12II 450 EVO Bronze 450W
-Be Quiet! System Power U9 Bronze 500W
-Corsair CV Bronze 450W

They are in the same price range, Sadly i cant find the Cooler Master Masterwatt 450W and Corsair CX450W in my country
So which one should i choose???

Solution
some of those psu that i listed is on tier 3 in psucultist tier list. and the tier 3 is intended for Mid to low end gaming rig right? just like the system im going to build. I know i shouldnt cheap on psu, but those psu that i list is not really on the bottom of the list and not some unkown brands. maybe in your country the price difference from bronze to gold is like 15-30$, but here the difference is like double the price and i barely find any 80+ Gold 500w PSU
Bottom line is to get the best PSU you can afford. If the Corsair CX550 is available where you live it would be better than the other models you listed and it is a lower budget 80+ Bronze model. The difference between bronze and gold is not quality, it is efficiency...
Hello, im new to this forum and im from third world country. My system isnt going to be power hungry, so 450-500w PSU is actually fine. These are some PSUs that i can find :

-Enermax Revobron Bronze 500W
-CoolerMaster MWE V2 Bronze 550W
-EVGA BQ Bronze 500W
-Antec NeoEco II Bronze 450W
-Seasonic S12II 450 EVO Bronze 450W
-Be Quiet! System Power U9 Bronze 500W
-Corsair CV Bronze 450W

They are in the same price range, Sadly i cant find the Cooler Master Masterwatt 450W and Corsair CX450W in my country
So which one should i choose???

"My system isnt going to be power hungry, so 450-500w PSU is actually fine. "

This isn't going to cut it. You need to list your system specs so that anyone making a recommendation can be sure you're getting the proper power level needed. Your assessment may be correct but we still need to see your parts list.

Nov 13, 2020
"My system isnt going to be power hungry, so 450-500w PSU is actually fine. "

This isn't going to cut it. You need to list your system specs so that anyone making a recommendation can be sure you're getting the proper power level needed. Your assessment may be correct but we still need to see your parts list.

oh sorry, My Spec is going to be

CPU : Ryzen 5 1600
MOBO : Gigabyte B450M Gaming
RAM :V-Gen Tsunami X 3000mhz 2x8Gb
VGA : Gigabyte GTX 1650 Super Windforce OC
SSD : M.2 NVME ADATA XPG Pro Gammix S11 500gb
HDD : Seagate 1TB
Case : Tecware Forge M

if i had a chance in the future, im going to upgrade the CPU to ryzen 5 5600x and the VGA to rumored RTX 3050/3050ti(depends on the tdp)

oh sorry, My Spec is going to be

CPU : Ryzen 5 1600
MOBO : Gigabyte B450M Gaming
RAM :V-Gen Tsunami X 3000mhz 2x8Gb
VGA : Gigabyte GTX 1650 Super Windforce OC
SSD : M.2 NVME ADATA XPG Pro Gammix S11 500gb
HDD : Seagate 1TB
Case : Tecware Forge M

if i had a chance in the future, im going to upgrade the CPU to ryzen 5 5600x and the VGA to rumored RTX 3050/3050ti(depends on the tdp)
If you plan to upgrade in the near future to higher power components, now is the time to get a PSU that will support your current system and the proposed upgrades. Even though you could use a 450 watt model now, that is not going to support the upgrades you mentioned. I'd look for a 550 watt model so it won't be an issue when you're ready to upgrade. Even 650 watts would not be overkill if you can find a good deal on a decent quality model and give you even more freedom when selecting future upgrades.

Nov 13, 2020
If you plan to upgrade in the near future to higher power components, now is the time to get a PSU that will support your current system and the proposed upgrades. Even though you could use a 450 watt model now, that is not going to support the upgrades you mentioned. I'd look for a 550 watt model so it won't be an issue when you're ready to upgrade. Even 650 watts would not be overkill if you can find a good deal on a decent quality model and give you even more freedom when selecting future upgrades.
hmm well its not released yet, but i heard that rtx 3050/3050 ti will have tdp in the range of 90-150w so its not going to be that much difference than 1650 super right?? I'd rather get good quality 450w PSU rather than get corsair low end series 650w PSU

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
hmm well its not released yet, but i heard that rtx 3050/3050 ti will have tdp in the range of 90-150w so its not going to be that much difference than 1650 super right?? I'd rather get good quality 450w PSU rather than get corsair low end series 650w PSU

Except the problem is, none of these are particularly good quality 450W PSUs. There aren't a huge number of good quality 450W PSUs; the nice ones you'll have for a decade rather than two or three years tend to start in the 550W range.

Nov 13, 2020
Except the problem is, none of these are particularly good quality 450W PSUs. There aren't a huge number of good quality 450W PSUs; the nice ones you'll have for a decade rather than two or three years tend to start in the 550W range.
some of those psu that i listed is on tier 3 in psucultist tier list. and the tier 3 is intended for Mid to low end gaming rig right? just like the system im going to build. I know i shouldnt cheap on psu, but those psu that i list is not really on the bottom of the list and not some unkown brands. maybe in your country the price difference from bronze to gold is like 15-30$, but here the difference is like double the price and i barely find any 80+ Gold 500w PSU

Bottom line is to get the best PSU you can afford. If the Corsair CX550 is available where you live it would be better than the other models you listed and it is a lower budget 80+ Bronze model. The difference between bronze and gold is not quality, it is efficiency. There's plenty of gold models around that are not very good. In other words, a high quality bronze is still better than a poor quality gold model.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

True, but you were talking about how you'd rather get a "good" 450W PSU. And notice the missing word "cheap" in system. If you're planning on a 5600X, this isn't exactly a cheap AM3+ system or something.