Question Need recommendation for temperature management on Intel Arc A750

Mar 27, 2023
Greetings friends,

I have recently put together my first ITX build, and am having some issues with temperature control. I am on my third mobo for this build (ASUS RogStrix Z690i) and my working theory right now is that the inherent temperature controls and heat dissapation on the Intel Arch A750 is causing my components to overheat, especially the chipset which is clocking in at around 70C when under load and mobo which I have seen climb to 60C. The problem I keep having is that the PC will kick me out of the OS to a black screen while still remaining powered on. On my last mobo, this would happen quite often with the fans going to full blast. I could not restart via the power switch on the panel and had to wait about 10-20 mins after a hard toggle to get back into the system. Not having these problems on the new Asus mobo, at least not yet. But all of this screams to me that there is a temperature control issue.

So my Qs:

1. Is there a better way to manage Arc A750 temperatures rather than using the Arc Control console? As I am unsure if this is doing an adequate job and there is no place to control GPU fans
  2. Is there a more comparable GPU on the market that handles temps and cooling better than the Arc A750?
BUILD SPECS:
  • ASUS ROG STRIX Z690i
  • Intel CoreI5 -12400
  • 2x Corsair Vengeance DDR5 @ 32 gigs total
  • ADATA M.2 2280 @ 500 gigs (runs the OS)
  • PNY XLR8 2280 @ 1 Tb (runs programs)
  • Kingston SSD @ 225 Gigs (for data)
  • Deepcool LS 250 AIO
  • Corsair PSU @ 750W
  • Case = Hyte Revolt 3
  • Additional case fan on top for exhaust (80mm)
  • And of course...Intel Arc A750

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
All-mesh cases may sound nice in theory. In practice, they can make it difficult to ensure airflow goes where it is most needed. I'd stay away from mesh case for dust control reasons.

The case's description mentions a front air filter, which I hope means there are fan mounts there. If there are fan mounts and they are vacant, install fans there (perhaps move the top fan to the front if it fits) to draw fresh air over the chipset and that should take care of your overheating chipset theory.

Mar 27, 2023
All-mesh cases may sound nice in theory. In practice, they can make it difficult to ensure airflow goes where it is most needed. I'd stay away from mesh case for dust control reasons.

The case's description mentions a front air filter, which I hope means there are fan mounts there. If there are fan mounts and they are vacant, install fans there (perhaps move the top fan to the front if it fits) to draw fresh air over the chipset and that should take care of your overheating chipset theory.
Thank you for the response! The case does have dust filters onboard, and I have actually removed the dust filter from the side to allow better airflow around the GPU.
There are some definite thermal issues to overcome with the case, but I do love it as it designed very ergonomically where you can cram all of your devices in there, lol. Plus, the breakaway panels are great for maintenance, and I have had to use this feature many times, lol.

I do have a single fan mounted in the "Front" or top of the case depending on orientation (this can be tricky). This seems to help with cooling the motherboard. I have also kicked up the intake to baseline 50% on the LS250 to pull in more cool air. No problems last night when gaming Valheim for a few hours. I have pushed the Arc temp control down to about 70C; I tried to push it down to 65C but the programmed suspiciously errored out on me. I am monitoring things and shall see how it goes. My backup plan is to find a card with less heat dissapation. I just realized that the Arc A750 has a TDP of 225w, which may be a little excessive for my case.