[SOLVED] Need recommendations for my new PC (1.7k Budget)

May 3, 2019
Hello guys,
I want to buy a new PC and need your recommendations what to get.
I already have a ROG-STRIX-GTX 1660 TI and for the rest of the PC is my budget 1.5-1.7k €.

I have a 1920x1080 240Hz monitor and the main game I play is CSGO competitively and sometimes I play Fortnite. Right now I still have an old Intel I7 960 with old components which are like 9 years old (besides the GPU) and my frames drop to 120fps sometimes even on all low settings. That's really annoying if you want to play the game competitively and have a 240 Hz monitor. So my main goal is to have a minimum of stable 240FPS on CSGO and a future proof system.

I am able to build the PC myself and to overclock it if possible!
I don't need more than 1TB of storage and I would like to have a case with a window (I think I like the Fractal Design Meshify C the most). If the motherboard have integrated WiFi, that would be really benefitial as well.

I hope you can help me and I would like to thank you in advance!

Best regards
Tom

Solution
Hello guys,
I already have a ROG-STRIX-GTX 1660 TI and for the rest of the PC is my budget 1.5-1.7k €.

I have a 1920x1080 240Hz monitor and the main game I play is CSGO competitively and sometimes I play Fortnite. Right now I still have an old Intel I7 960 with old components which are like 9 years old (besides the GPU) and my frames drop to 120fps sometimes even on all low settings. That's really annoying if you want to play the game competitively and have a 240 Hz monitor. So my main goal is to have a minimum of stable 240FPS on CSGO and a future proof system.

I don't need more than 1TB of storage...
Hello guys,

I don't need more than 1TB of storage and I would like to have a case with a window (I think I like the Fractal Design Meshify C the most). If the motherboard have integrated WiFi, that would be really benefitial as well.

I hope you can help me and I would like to thank you in advance!

Best regards
Tom

CS:GO should run at 200+ fps on most modern platforms, really anything Ryzen 1000 series or Intel 6000 series or newer.

Here is a vid showing the new Ryzen 5 3600 + 1660ti:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs6xoJCVw30

Skip to 4:30 for 1080p low on that setup, never drops below 300 fps. I would personally look at something like the R5 3600 with a decent motherboard (if you want future proof maybe look at an X570 board as they have pcie 4 support). Many people will point you to Intel for the very highest fps (mainly due to fact you can overclock to 5ghz, Ryzen 3000 tops out ~ 4.3 ghz typically) however I think you have a much better long term platform / upgrade path on the AMD side, given you can swap out that 6 core 12 thread part for anything up to a 16 core 32 thread cpu and chances are AMD will support the same socket for at least another generation (already 3 generations of CPU available on AM4).

As for storage, with your budget you should be able to stretch to a Samsung 970 pro nvme ssd, can't get anything faster than that.

Reactions: tomzyka
Solution
May 3, 2019
Thanks for your reply!

I think I will go for this:

Ryzen 3800X
Dark Rock Pro 4
Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming
HyperX Fury RGB 3466MHz CL16 2x16GB
Gigabyte Aorus NVMe SSD, PCIe 4.0 M2 Typ 2280 - 1TB
Seasonic Focus GX 550W
Fractal Design Meshify C
Alpenföhn Wing Boost 3 aRGB (3x140mm)

Is that alright?

Last edited:
Reactions: cdrkf
Thanks for your reply!

I think I will go for this:

Ryzen 3800X
Dark Rock Pro 4
Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming
HyperX Fury RGB 3466MHz CL16 2x16GB
Gigabyte Aorus NVMe SSD, PCIe 4.0 M2 Typ 2280 - 1TB
Seasonic Focus GX 550W
Fractal Design Meshify C
Alpenföhn Wing Boost 3 aRGB (3x140mm)

Is that alright?

Looks good to me, decent cooler, that motherboard has a strong VRM.