[SOLVED] Need Recommendations for Transferring Files to a New System

wheresmabluetooth

Honorable
Aug 25, 2015
I would like to install a 2.5” SATA hard disk drive as secondary storage in a new laptop that has an SSD as its primary storage.

In my current laptop, my only storage is an internal 1TB Samsung 2.5” HDD with all my files on it (about 200GB).

I have backed up said files (system folders including Documents, Pictures, Videos ) to an external drive, a 500GB Toshiba 2.5” HDD, using a file sync program called AOMEI Backupper.

As reference the Samsung HDD has about a 91 MB/s write and 88 MB/s read speed and is over 5 years old, while the Toshiba has 106 MB/s write 108 MB/s read speeds and is practically new.

Hopefully the info I've given is clear , what might be my most efficient course of action in bringing my files over to the new pc?

Solution
I would like to install a 2.5” SATA hard disk drive as secondary storage in a new laptop that has an SSD as its primary storage.

In my current laptop, my only storage is an internal 1TB Samsung 2.5” HDD with all my files on it (about 200GB).

I have backed up said files (system folders including Documents, Pictures, Videos ) to an external drive, a 500GB Toshiba 2.5” HDD, using a file sync program called AOMEI Backupper.

As reference the Samsung HDD has about a 91 MB/s write and 88 MB/s read speed and is over 5 years old, while the Toshiba has 106 MB/s write 108 MB/s read speeds and is practically new.

Hopefully the info I've given is clear , what might be my most efficient course of action in bringing my files over to the new...

Hopefully the info I've given is clear , what might be my most efficient course of action in bringing my files over to the new pc?
If there's no OS on old drive, all you have to do is to copy those files to new disk (after formatting it of course).

Solution