[SOLVED] Need recommendations on a 2060 graphics card that is 4 inches in height

Jun 8, 2020
Hi!
So i recently got a new case and a new graphics card but as I was rebuilding my computer I realized that my new graphics card was too big and I couldn’t even plug in my PCI 3 cable into my motherboard. I was wondering if anyone knew any good graphics cards that are 2060 and are 4 inches in height. My current graphics card is a evga GeForce gtx 950, single fan.

Solution
That an easy fix. You have no problem with that cooler. You just need put the cable behind the GPU.

You probably know why GPU have a cut in there. So you can route your power cable there if it short. you just gota push it.

i4nTf7X.png
You can try to get some right-angle power adapters. When you say PCI 3 cable into the motherboard, do you mean PCIe power to the video card or something else? If you look at the cards, look for some where the card does not go over the back-plate bracket (where it screws into the motherboard, not the back-plate that covers the card.

Jun 8, 2020
You can try to get some right-angle power adapters. When you say PCI 3 cable into the motherboard, do you mean PCIe power to the video card or something else? If you look at the cards, look for some where the card does not go over the back-plate bracket (where it screws into the motherboard, not the back-plate that covers the card.
I may have gotten the abbreviation wrong but the power cable I am referring to goes in above the cpu in the motherboard. I’ve tried look for extensions for the cable but I’ve only found adapters. I will look into right angle power adapters though! Thank you!

I may have gotten the abbreviation wrong but the power cable I am referring to goes in above the cpu in the motherboard. I’ve tried look for extensions for the cable but I’ve only found adapters. I will look into right angle power adapters though! Thank you!

If you are talking about the CPU power cable that is an EPS cable. Not sure why height of the video card would cause an issue there, you may want to post some pictures of your case layout and how you have things connected. Adapters and extensions can be used interchangeably depending on what product you are looking at.

Jun 8, 2020
If you are talking about the CPU power cable that is an EPS cable. Not sure why height of the video card would cause an issue there, you may want to post some pictures of your case layout and how you have things connected. Adapters and extensions can be used interchangeably depending on what product you are looking at.
https://ibb.co/6J1JKZ8

So the first photo is when I plugged in my new graphics card (that has now been returned) and I circled where I had the problem of connecting that cable I was talking about. I have tried multiple spots to try and connect it but even without the graphics card that is the only way it would reach

https://ibb.co/HX32gd7

This photo is with my old graphics card plugged in. I talk about height because the new graphics card I bought stood out more so I wasn't able to plug in the cable. But with my old one, I was.

DSzymborski

Titan
A CPU extension cable would be the sensible option. This GPU requires more cooling, so they're pretty much all going to force the cable to move out farther and for longer on its path.

You'd also have additional room if you didn't have the cooler installed oddly.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
That an easy fix. You have no problem with that cooler. You just need put the cable behind the GPU.

You probably know why GPU have a cut in there. So you can route your power cable there if it short. you just gota push it.

i4nTf7X.png

Reactions: MagPie0
Solution
Jun 8, 2020
A CPU extension cable would be the sensible option. This GPU requires more cooling, so they're pretty much all going to force the cable to move out farther and for longer on its path.

You'd also have additional room if you didn't have the cooler installed oddly.
Do you have any idea where I could find a cable?? Also do you think that I should re install my cooler cause I didn’t think that I installed it oddly.

https://ibb.co/6J1JKZ8

So the first photo is when I plugged in my new graphics card (that has now been returned) and I circled where I had the problem of connecting that cable I was talking about. I have tried multiple spots to try and connect it but even without the graphics card that is the only way it would reach

https://ibb.co/HX32gd7

This photo is with my old graphics card plugged in. I talk about height because the new graphics card I bought stood out more so I wasn't able to plug in the cable. But with my old one, I was.

You are routing the cables wrong, go behind the motherboard tray and go through the cut-out near where that power connector is. Take a look at some pictures and videos of proper computer cable routing to get a clean looking case, and it also helps with airflow a bit since there are no wires getting in the way or air motion. And of course it looks much neater.

It should look like this

front-done-100262289-large.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MagPie0