[SOLVED] Need response ASAP streaming/gaming build

JonnyJ94

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
Hi so I'm on a little time crunch since my order has been put out but with everything going on they have delayed shipping so I have a small window to upgrade or mix up components to better my experience with gaming and streaming from the same pc. This is the current order.
Processor(AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Processor (8x 3.9GHZ/32MB L3 Cache))
Processor Cooling(Asetek 670LS 240mm Liquid Cooling System - Ryzen config)
Memory(16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module - Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory [Free Upgrade to G.SKILL Ripjaws V Memory])
Video Card(AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT - 8GB (VR-Ready))
SLI Bridge (none)
Motherboard(MSI X570-A PRO -- Gb Lan, ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 (6 Rear, 4 Front))
Power Supply(650 Watt - High Power - 80 PLUS GOLD
Primary Hard Drive(240 GB WD Green SSD -- Read: 540MB/s, Write: 465MB/s - Single Drive)
Data Hard Drive(1 TB Hard Drive -- 32MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive)
Sound Card(Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx [PCIE] -- 7.1 Channels, 192kHz/24-bit, 106 dB SNR)
Network Card(Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100))
I typically play League, Fortnite, Modern Warefare, Overwatch. I do plan on expanding into more triple A titles, as long as pc can handle the load. I'm a bit tech savvy with my PC but it's an 11 year old Alienware Aurora R1 i7 920 HD 5670 Crossfire, things run like a beast but shes going out at this point can barely run fortnite on nomad settings at 30 fps. I have plans to upgrade the cooling both fans and cpu (thinking about getting gpu cooling too) I read the stream load while gaming heats things up. If anyone can think if I need to upgrade to the 3900x or change from the 5700 to a 2070super od appreciate the feedback. ( cant justify 3950x price for my applications) thank you!

Solution
The 3800X CPU is a free upgrade from the 3700X on ibuypower right now.

The 5700XT is a good card. Not sure why the 5700XT Mech OC is $25 cheaper. Not sure what make/model you're actually getting with the non-specific choice (perhaps the stock blower cooler?). I'd choose the Mech OC.

I WOULD recommend a better PSU (highpower?),. Corsair TX650M.

and a minimum of a 500GB SSD. The NVMe Western Digital SN550 is a good drive.

2TB HDD is only $10 more than your 1TB data drive.

Are you SURE you need a sound card? Getting rid of that pays for all the upgrades listed above.

JonnyJ94

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
I should also add this is through ibuypower (online financing made it possible I know the upcharge) so I am limited to their stock if anyone is familiar with it or doesnt mind running their easy build.

Captaingadget

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
If you're prinicipally focussing on gaming then I would consider downgrading your CPU to a 3700x and putting a bit more towards a GPU, perhaps a 2070 Super or 2080. I would perhaps look at faster RAM, Ryzen loves fast RAM and 3000MHz is about the bare minimum for 3rd Gen Ryzen also consider a bigger SSD, 240GB is pretty small for what is otherwise a pretty high end system, but depends on your budget really.

Reactions: JonnyJ94

JonnyJ94

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
If you're prinicipally focussing on gaming then I would consider downgrading your CPU to a 3700x and putting a bit more towards a GPU, perhaps a 2070 Super or 2080. I would perhaps look at faster RAM, Ryzen loves fast RAM and 3000MHz is about the bare minimum for 3rd Gen Ryzen also consider a bigger SSD, 240GB is pretty small for what is otherwise a pretty high end system, but depends on your budget really.
Hi!! Thank you for responding! So if I were to move up on gpu do you think a 2080 is suffice to run 1440p clean on stream and game? Or should I look into a 2080s. I dont wanna get to ahead of myself with this build and not properly utilize it. The 3800x is actually a free upgrade from the 3700x so unless itll cause bottlenecking down the line I'll keep it. The ram I can definitely bump up and as for ssd is 500 enough or should I push for the 1tb?

The 5700XT is a good card. Not sure why the 5700XT Mech OC is $25 cheaper. Not sure what make/model you're actually getting with the non-specific choice (perhaps the stock blower cooler?). I'd choose the Mech OC.

Are you SURE you need a sound card? Getting rid of that pays for all the upgrades listed above.

Last edited:
Solution

JonnyJ94

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017

Thank you for the recommendations! I actually spoke with someone and cannot make the changes but I have started a cart on amazon and newegg to compare pricing with your items. The sound card is more for my enjoyment and for editing. I believe it is that gpu unfortunately. Someone recommended 2tb ssd and no HDD should be used. Is that overkill?

TRENDING THREADS