Need Serious Help With Corrupted Micro SD Card

jwe12

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
Right, I'm going to try to be as specific as possible to prevent confusion.

I have a Samsung Evo Micro SDXC 64GB card. Put simply It corrupted whilst I was just listening to music on my Galaxy S7.

Somehow I found a way to recover the data using a program. As I now have the data safe somewhere else, I decided I can now format the card so I can continue to use it.
I first downloaded USB Disk Storage Format Tool as I was told it was good. I press start to format using exFAT and then it says it cannot start as it was in use or whatever even though it wasn't. I searched around and found it was likely due to a pagefile.sys on the drive preventing me from using it; However I obviously could not delete the file as I cannot read the card as it is corrupted. I then found a video on YT video which led me to Disk Management program in windows and to try and format from there, It ended up just crashing and saying windows ins't responding and whatnot. I went back into Disk Management and clicked on the card and instead just deleted the partition (or something like that (note when I click onto the drive windows states that it is healthy within Disk Management)) and then tried to format once again and it just crashes... again. I Noticed that if i delete the partition it will just reappear as if I made another or it never deleted in the first place when ever I open the program again. I then downloaded SD Card Formatter Software and it won't even open if the SD card is inserted into my computer; it will only open if the SD card is not in my PC (Weird). From there I try the normal format software that windows allows you to use within file explorer and once again just crashes, one time it did not crash but just said it could not be formatted and stopped the attempt. I even tried to put the card into my Galaxy S7 and tried to format it there, where it did say format complete, but in actuality it just failed also.

In essence, no matter what I try, whatever software or device I use, I'll end up with the software either crashing, stating it cannot be formatted without reason, or simply not picking the card up at all. I have literally no idea, I cannot find any info on the internet and I don't think I can fix this with the knowledge I have. I'd like to think I pretty good with computers but I'm no tech and computing expert so I realise It could very well have been one of my steps and mishaps that caused this to happen.

I'm looking for any help I can get.

Solution
Your data is safe. Be content with that.

However, the SDXC card may be continuing to deteriorate/fail.

Those cards are made as cheaply as possible and the overall quality is going down.

Probably best to just write the card off and avoid further grief, risk, and effort.

Even if you do manage to recover it you could not and should not trust it at all unless willing to completely lose any subsequent files stored on it.

Recycle it and move on.

Ralston18

Titan
Your data is safe. Be content with that.

However, the SDXC card may be continuing to deteriorate/fail.

Those cards are made as cheaply as possible and the overall quality is going down.

Probably best to just write the card off and avoid further grief, risk, and effort.

Even if you do manage to recover it you could not and should not trust it at all unless willing to completely lose any subsequent files stored on it.

Recycle it and move on.

Solution