[SOLVED] Need serious help with my pc :(

matua2

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
so a few days ago i upgraded from an intel i7 3770k to a ryzen 5 2600, i bought a new cpu, mobo and ram, reinstalled windows on my ssd but i kept getting this weird pop up "
The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors" when booting up, i just pressed enter and it booted me to windows without a problem, i was playing fortnite for an hour or so then my game started stuttering and my game crashed and i got a BSOD, i tried installing amd chipset drivers for my motherboard and while installing i got a BSOD, after going into system recovery and opening automatic system repair or whatever its called i get a pop up saying"
he automatic repair "couldnt repair PC. It specifies the following Log file: E:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt but this log file doesn't exist, the temperatures are fine, i've ran multiple stress tests and everything is stable, im thinking the ssd is corrupt or something , i checked the ssd health and it's at 68%, i have no idea what the problem could be i really need help, i've reinstalled windows twice already and nothing so far.

Edit: Pc Specs
Ryzen 5 2600
Msi b450 tomahawk
corsair vengeance LED 2x8 3000mhz ddr4 ram
gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 1070
thermaltake 750w 80+ gold psu

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
so you got srttrail twice in a row?

What hdd/ssd do you have?
Did you clean install windows and wipe all the partitions off? or just install over top of windows?

Try making this on another PC - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

matua2

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
so you got srttrail twice in a row?

What hdd/ssd do you have?
Did you clean install windows and wipe all the partitions off? or just install over top of windows?

Try making this on another PC - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
i tried running my memory at 2400mhz and it's been more stable since still not sure if it has been fixed though.

my windows is installed on a kingston 120gb ssd

matua2

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
So much for the easy answer. :)

try checking ram out, is it on motherboard compatibility list?
If you used ssd before, it shouldn't be it but you could always run HD Sentinel Trial on it - https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_sentinel_trial.php - look on the disk tab and run any tests you can
yeah the memory is in the compatibility list
also when i first tried booting up my pc it told me to swap the ram slots from A1 and B1 to A2 and B2 should i do that?

Last edited by a moderator: