Need Sizing Help GTX 1060 single fan

Mar 1, 2018
Hey everyone,

I am looking to buy a gtx 1060 and was wondering if it will fit into my pre-built Lenovo Erazer x315 case. Will it fit or do I need to buy a new tower? Any responses will help.

Thanks.

Solution
The card should fit physically if you had an Radeon R9 260 before on the X315 model.

The PSU in that PC has a 450 watt PSU with two 6-pin connectors so you'll have the 6pin connectors you need.

Side note: nVIDIA recommends a 450 watt PSU minimum for a typical PC with a GTX 1060. The card should run on this PSU although as it's an older unit it may be taxing for it to run this newer card. In addition to that, the motherboard uses a proprietary 14-pin main power connector so a simple PSU upgrade or replacement in the event of failing is not possible without sourcing some kind of adapter for it. I personally would be unconformable loading an older OEM power supply that much.

jr9

Estimable
The card should fit physically if you had an Radeon R9 260 before on the X315 model.

The PSU in that PC has a 450 watt PSU with two 6-pin connectors so you'll have the 6pin connectors you need.

Side note: nVIDIA recommends a 450 watt PSU minimum for a typical PC with a GTX 1060. The card should run on this PSU although as it's an older unit it may be taxing for it to run this newer card. In addition to that, the motherboard uses a proprietary 14-pin main power connector so a simple PSU upgrade or replacement in the event of failing is not possible without sourcing some kind of adapter for it. I personally would be unconformable loading an older OEM power supply that much.

Solution