Need some advice on a new budget intel build

jctwibell

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Hello everyone! I am trying to build a budget PC for my dad and perhaps take advantage of this weeks black Friday deals. Unfortunately I don't really know where to start. I would like it to be,

an Intel build

ATX mid size case,

around $500 (including shipping, with rebates accounted for)

Needs to be able to play Microsoft Flight Sim X gold edition on 3, 1080p screens. (preferably on high settings with 40+FPS or so)

X planes will be played on this setup as well.

I don't need to include screens at this price. OS is not included in the above price as well.

For a CPU I was thinking at least an I5 2500 or 2500K... I dont know if any CPU thats less powerful can handle the load across 3 screens so Ive come to yall for help.

I also know you need a good GPU to handle the tri screen set up and would like to know what would work best in this situation.

I would perfer to have 500gbs of hdd space. I dont need an SSD.

I am located in the US of A and prefer Newegg/Tigerdirect but will gladly go else where for a better deal.

I will NOT be overclocking

I might be SLI ing depending on the chosen GPU

Hope this all makes sense and look forward to hearing from yall!
Thanks a million!

use an
AMD FX 6300 $140
Asrock 970 extreme4 motherboad $105
2 x4 gig of RAM $35
AND A VERY POWERFUL GRAPHICS CARD

The suggested build above wouldnt play flightsim 3 at minimum image details ,at that resolution . The 7770 is a lower midrange card that struggles on a single 1080p monitor

jctwibell

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010

Ok thanks for the info. I prefer to go intel, not biased as my main rig is AMD but wish to go Intel this time around.

How about the Intel build suggested above and going with a 560ti? Will that GPU be able to handle the 3, 1080P screens?
Thanks!