Need some advice on water cooling loop

Stemz

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
so ive been upgrading my system little by little. my current setup is consists of. asus Maximus formula 7, intel 4790k, 16 gb or crucial ram, 2 gtx 760 in sli, evga 1000watt psu, 256 gb samsung 840 pro, 1tb western digital hdd. all of it is water cooled. got 2 xspc radiators a 360 and 240. xspc raystorm waterblock and 2 alphacool water blocks for my gtx 760. the mother board comes with water blocks as well its called cross chill. the pump i was running was an xspc pump/res combo. this pumped has died 2 times with my current setup. its a starter pump so i know im killing it with the set up i have. some people have told me not to use the cross chill water blocks due to restriction issues, is this true?? will having a stronger pump still die on me due to the restrictions?? or do i have nothing to worry about. the pump i just ordered thats going to replace my xspc pump is a swiftech mpc655 pump with the ek top. will this pump be strong enough to push water through my current setup??

wss_003

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I have my system split into 3 independant loops which will help immensely on pump life but will require more pumps and res, as if you change to a higher powered pump make sure all your fittings and hoses can handle the pressure or you will have an exspensive mess