[SOLVED] Need some advice with fan placement

Feb 3, 2022
aWdh0M4.jpg

Title. Blue arrows are intake, red are exhaust. PSU will most likely be fan down, but I am open to suggestions and critique. This is my first build, and I'd like to cut down on revision as much as possible. Will probably post on here as more parts show up in the next two weeks. Build will include:
  • Case is Corsair 5000D Airflow (came with 2x 120mm fans, bought 3x more.)
  • PSU is Corsair RM750x 2021
  • CPU is Ryzen 7 5800X
  • CPU Cooler is Noctua NH-U12A Chromax Black (Airflow towards exhaust, correct?)
  • 2x16 DDR4 Corsair 3000Mhz RAM (Prolly doesn't really contribute to heat, but just thought I'd add it in case.)
  • GPU is Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT
As I said before, I'm open to suggestions. Also as a side note, I didn't know if I should post this here or in cases. I apologize if it's the wrong place.

Feb 3, 2022
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll leave it as is then. By the by, any word on PSU orientation? I've heard fan down is standard, but that fan up is occasionally done as well. Just curious on the logistics of that.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Fan up for fanless psus, or if you want to make use of a psu that has a 0rpm, or fan off, mode. That way, its heat can naturally rise up and out of the unit.
Fan down for units that don't give you as much control over the fan - or if it does, and you prefer to leave the fan on.

The Corsair AX850 I'm using has a fan off mode, and I wanted to use it, so I have it fan up. I removed the psu shroud, since it doesn't have a grille.[I might just dremel a hole in the shroud - IDK if it's worth the effort; I'm not missing it anyway.]
The fan seldom spins up, save for POST, and simultaneous cpu(7820X) and gpu(1080Ti) loads.

TRENDING THREADS