Need some Advice

ZeroCold

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
Hello till now I was with I5 3470 cpu blow up and now I have to replace it with new one, and now I decide to buy I5 4690k with GIGABYTE Z97P-D3 I know there is better motherboards but I cant afford more now so my question is with this motherboard can i overclock this cpu in future not now and I don't want some big numbers here and next question my GPU is EVGA GTX 970 SC i have 2x 8 GB kingston 1600mhz and 120GB SSD Kingston Hyper X my old pc works with 600W psu will I need a new one or the whole system will work fine thank you and sorry for bad English.

you going nowhere with the GIGABYTE Z97P-D3 , even if is a Z97 mobo...its not well built for overclocking , because bad vrm heatsink and not enough vrm phases

i suggest you an asrock Z97 extreme3 , really cheap and very well built

i suggest a good psu , i do not know which psu you have but usually a good one is
seasonic/xfx/antec hcg/evga B2-G2/rosewill capstone

ZeroCold

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
i think the psu is deluxe 600w but not sure for the model coz there is no label on it don't know why and i`ll change the motherboard with the asrock Z97 extreme3

Cristi72

Admirable
Hello,

All Z97 motherboards are made with overclocking in mind, but some are better than others :D

If you don't want to break any CPU speed records, that Gigabyte will be OK (it will do 4 GHz, no worries, just be sure you have a good CPU cooler). BUT, don't try to overclock a system running a PSU such Delux, JNC, RPC (etc, etc...), you risk to lose the entire system.

ZeroCold

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
I will not OC atm maby after couple of monts when I buy another PSU but will this PSU work normal with asrock Z97 extreme3 + i5 4690k + 16 GB ram + EVGA GTX 970 SC without OC like I sayd atm I cant spend more money and I have to wait 1-2 monts until take new one

TRENDING THREADS