Oct 18, 2020
Hi everyone my specs are as below

Cpu - pentium g3260

Gpu - Gtx750ti

Storage - 500gb hard drive seagate

Ram - 12gb (total) 8gb kingston ddr3 800mhz 4gb adata ddr3 800mhz

Motherboard - Msi H81M-P33

Psu - Mbox Atx P5-550 (550w)

Recently my friend gave me this rig since he had a new one . I've been noticing some hiccups with the 750ti , gta wont even hit 20fps in max settings when ive seen some 750ti on benchmarks video with max settings running at 60+ fps , is there anything i should focus on upgrading ? Any cpu recommendations ? Thanks all

Last edited:
Solution
Ugh i wrote it all out and for some reason it said it was deleted so here goes again...

If you cant upgrade then you want to get to know the settings, figure out what hurts the most in the games you like. start low and keep adding things you really want, At 720p you will gain more frames, shadows are a nightmare on older gpu's turn them as low as you can stand them. low to medium settings at 1080 will look worse than medium to high settings at 720. its a good idea to keep playing for a few mins to see if you like any changes, that way if something is causing big lag spikes or screen tearing you have some idea whats doing it, they might say it has little to no impact in game in the menu but you never really know till you spin a few...

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
YouTube videos are fake
Don't believe anything you see.
I can make video edit it and add 20000FPS.

Try buy i7 6700k it can run any games max.
Get atlases good gpu.

Gtx 1080 ti or etc versions.

Oct 18, 2020
YouTube videos are fake
Don't believe anything you see.
I can make video edit it and add 20000FPS.

Try buy i7 6700k it can run any games max.
Get atlases good gpu.

Gtx 1080 ti or etc versions.

i7 6700k isnt supported for my motherboard its a different socket type , i think i may need to buy a new motherboard and cpu all together , and that means i need to upgrade the ram ro ddr4 , hm im really confused right now , you have any suggestions ? would an old i7 2nd gen cpu do justice to my system ? also thanks for replying

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
i7 6700k isnt supported for my motherboard its a different socket type , i think i may need to buy a new motherboard and cpu all together , and that means i need to upgrade the ram ro ddr4 , hm im really confused right now , you have any suggestions ? would an old i7 2nd gen cpu do justice to my system ? also thanks for replying

Sell yours get i7 6700k or upwards from that. It can run any as title

Cpu - pentium g3260

Gpu - Gtx750ti

Recently my friend gave me this rig since he had a new one . I've been noticing some hiccups with the 750ti , gta wont even hit 20fps in max settings when ive seen some 750ti on benchmarks video with max settings running at 60+ fps , is there anything i should focus on upgrading ? Any cpu recommendations ? Thanks all

Hello l0okman,

Your parts are low end from 10 years ago.
Building a new pc would be the best option.

I know money is hard to get, but you better make the best out of it with what you have.
The only small imporvement I can think of is replacing your hard disk drive with a solidstate drive ( ssd). your pc will feel a LOT faster but wont give you more fps.
However all your applications open instantly.
NOTE: if you plan on upgrading your hdd for a ssd you also need a new windows license.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello l0okman,

Your parts are low end from 10 years ago.
Building a new pc would be the best option.

I know money is hard to get, but you better make the best out of it with what you have.
The only small imporvement I can think of is replacing your hard disk drive with a solidstate drive ( ssd). your pc will feel a LOT faster but wont give you more fps.
However all your applications open instantly.
NOTE: if you plan on upgrading your hdd for a ssd you also need a new windows license.
Why would he need a new license?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Cpu - pentium g3260

Gpu - Gtx750ti

Turn your settings down first,

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
Ugh i wrote it all out and for some reason it said it was deleted so here goes again...

If you cant upgrade then you want to get to know the settings, figure out what hurts the most in the games you like. start low and keep adding things you really want, At 720p you will gain more frames, shadows are a nightmare on older gpu's turn them as low as you can stand them. low to medium settings at 1080 will look worse than medium to high settings at 720. its a good idea to keep playing for a few mins to see if you like any changes, that way if something is causing big lag spikes or screen tearing you have some idea whats doing it, they might say it has little to no impact in game in the menu but you never really know till you spin a few times.

https://www.csl-computer.com/intel-core-i3-10100-msi-h410m-a-pro-mainboard-bundle.html something like this is a great place to start if you have the money to upgrade 200 will make you a good little system from that, you have the power supply and case etc, im still running an i5 4440, thats bare minimum id recommend, but if you can get one for 100 or less as a bundle with a mobo and ram go for it, mine does me for dual screen while gaming, i can watch youtube on one screen and play ONI or whatever.

You can get more for your money if you go for older stuff in the same price range The 10100 equiv is about a 7700k if you can find an old second hand bundle for about the same price you will be laughing, older bits like that tend to come from people who paid for good systems, the motherboards are loaded with extras you wont get on the budget build, and they might even be giving up the older sticks of ram in high quantities. if you dont plan on upgrading for a few years then theres no need to aim for the latest chipsets, stick to older stuff if it looks well cared for.

As for the graphics im running a gtx 970 and can get medium to high at 1080 on most top games, some higher if they are older, they tend to go for less than 100 on ebay and id rate them over alot of newer cards like the 1050 or 1550, the 1650s is a good pick if you can find one cheap enough, but it wont give much better game performance

Solution