Question Need some advise on upgrading my rig

Oct 8, 2019
so im having some bad bottleneck after i build in my new gpu i wanna get a new cpu my question is if its worth starting with the cpu in my current build my mainboard is fairly old and i got told that i might not be able to get a decent cpu before replacing it here are my specs

CPU: AMD Fx 8350 4.00 GHz
RAM: 12 GB
Motherboard:Asustek Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3
PSU:SB9-450W 200-240V
GPU: MSI GTX 1050 ti 4GB

im working on upgrading the whole rig im not swimming in money but im still going to get decent mid range parts just getting them 1 by 1 so i would like to know in which order it would make most sense to get the fastest results im currently having some heavy lags even in low end games any advice is welcome thanks in advance

What is your budget? Right now moving away from the fx platform is going to be your best upgrade path. So you'll need to budget for cpu/board/ram.

I've never heard of that brand psu, so that would be a likely recommendation as well.

A ryzen 5 2600 with board and ram, will probably come in right around the 300 mark. You could go up to a 3600 for probably around the 350 mark also.

Oct 8, 2019
What is your budget? Right now moving away from the fx platform is going to be your best upgrade path. So you'll need to budget for cpu/board/ram.

I've never heard of that brand psu, so that would be a likely recommendation as well.

A ryzen 5 2600 with board and ram, will probably come in right around the 300 mark. You could go up to a 3600 for probably around the 350 mark also.
the budget isnt too important since im upgrading one part after another i dont mind saving a bit to get the right parts i was thinking on spending around 800 euro max that should do to finish this build while keeping the 1050 ti for now

if you are building a brand new pc, i would suggest to go with the 3600 and a b450 board. memory isn't too important, just a cheap 3000 or 3200 8GBx2 kit would do fine. i find 3600 gives much smoother gaming experience in esport title than 2600/1600 @ 1080p.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
That power supply is a Be Quiet! System Power B9. Safe for the current build -- it's sold by them as a very basic, cheap, entry-level power supply -- and would need to be replaced before a GPU upgrade.

You can easily build most of the PC for under 800 euros, though that might depend on which country you're in.