[SOLVED] Need Some Assistance/Inspiration In Picking Out PC Build Colors

legacydesign

Prominent
Feb 21, 2021
Hello!

I was wondering if I could some feedback regarding the color schemes/combos to use for my first Personal PC build.

Pictures of my current monitors and desk space are below. I was thinking of putting my Personal PC to the right side of my monitors and work laptop on my desk.
At this point in time, I am not looking for specific tower / fan set / hardware recommendations but rather just ideas as to what would fit well within this space from a color coordination perspective.

From a very high level, I will be building the following:
  • Mid range tower (was thinking either black or white)
  • With lighter RGB colors (maybe like a white or lighter light blue - probably want to stay away from the harsher rainbow or red colors)
  • Do not want a water cooled system
Some set ups my eyes have gravitated towards are listed below. I like the idea of a white case, but honestly don't know if it will look good with my current desk set up.
I'll admit that aesthetics/ an eye for design are not my strengths, so any ideas you all have (or examples of PC set ups) as what could fit this space would be very much appreciated!

P.S. You can feel free to comment on keyboard/backlighting and almost anything else as well. Probably the only things I won't be changing are my monitors, tripod stand, and my work laptop.

Appreciate your thoughts in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
just ideas as to what would fit well within this space from a color coordination perspective.
are the left & right monitors white, off-white, or a metallic color?
can't really tell in the images.

for cases;
of course black in most common,
white is fairly common,
and there's quite a few nicer silver\metallic colored cases out there.

a few examples from a saved wish list of nicer looking mid-large ATX cases,
mostly with better cooling(fan\radiator placement) options:
Cases Wishlist.
RGB means that it can be altered to any color in the RGB spectrum,
while static LEDS(single color variants) are not referred to as RGB.

picking an RGB version for any components you decide upon will give you the option to manually set any LED colors you wish.
so whatever color scheme you end up deciding upon, the RGB lighting can be altered to fit the theme.
am not looking for specific tower / fan set / hardware recommendations but rather just ideas as to what would fit well within this space from a color coordination perspective.
you don't want hardware advice,
but you do want color advice?

most platforms come in many available color variations.
picking your hardware path based on budget and performance expectation before choosing which colors you prefer is a much better option.

..and access is denied to your google links.
just upload them to imgur and post direct links here so we can see the images without chasing them through the net.

Reactions: legacydesign

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Memory is still available in most colors (except green)
Most CPU coolers are black, white, or RGB.
Still pretty easy to get fans with white, red, or blue accents, or LED/RGB

Most motherboard manufacturers started catering to RGB, so pretty much all motherboards are Black, Gunmetal Gray, White, or some combination of those three. This makes chassis selection basically all white or black. Same with GPUs, most are black/gunmetal. Occasional white GPUs.

You can still mostly do Black builds with Red accents if you get the right parts. Still all red chassis out there.

Less so blue as most motherboards no longer have blue accents on them to match up to memory or fans, no blue GPUs I can think of

Green is hard to do without painting these days, but there are a few green / black/green chassis that you can put black components and green LED fans in.

legacydesign

Prominent
Feb 21, 2021
RGB means that it can be altered to any color in the RGB spectrum,
while static LEDS(single color variants) are not referred to as RGB.

picking an RGB version for any components you decide upon will give you the option to manually set any LED colors you wish.
so whatever color scheme you end up deciding upon, the RGB lighting can be altered to fit the theme.
you don't want hardware advice,
but you do want color advice?

most platforms come in many available color variations.
picking your hardware path based on budget and performance expectation before choosing which colors you prefer is a much better option.

..and access is denied to your google links.
just upload them to imgur and post direct links here so we can see the images without chasing them through the net.

John - thanks for the honest feedback. Everything you said make sense and is very factual. I'll work on fine-tuning the hardware advice/budget first and then work around the color variations. I'll also make sure the pics are uploaded to imgur - sorry for the inconvenience. Appreciate the direction! I'll close this post for now.

just ideas as to what would fit well within this space from a color coordination perspective.
are the left & right monitors white, off-white, or a metallic color?
can't really tell in the images.

for cases;
of course black in most common,
white is fairly common,
and there's quite a few nicer silver\metallic colored cases out there.

a few examples from a saved wish list of nicer looking mid-large ATX cases,
mostly with better cooling(fan\radiator placement) options:
Cases Wishlist.

Solution