Question Need some audio help (xonar AE) speaker/set-up recommendations

Chrismc024

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
So i have a Xonar AE 7.1 compatible sound card which so far i completely hate but since i am passed the allotted return window I am going to try and make it work. I would like to get speakers for it but am completely under educated in where to start and I can't seem to find the right references online. The card has 4 3.5mm outputs labeled Front / Rear / Center / Sub my question is am i able to take two speakers that hook up with the pos/neg wires and use an adapter that converts pos/neg wires into a 3.5 mm connection, will I lose some sound quality or is this acceptable, or does it depend on the specs like ohms and impedance amps and watts being compatible (told you im kind of a noob with this stuff). I know that if the output on my sound card isn't powerful enough for the speaker than it won't be loud or clear, what do i need to match to make sure i get the optimal sound for my computer. Thank you so much for the help and feel free to post links pointing in the right direction or ask me to provide any further details I dont mind doing the work i just don't know where to start.