[SOLVED] Need some case recommendations, please

rllb4

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
Hello! Recently ive been wanting to upgrade/change my case. The problem is: i really want the new case to have a few specific things, some of which are rare nowadays. I was hoping that some of you could help me find this impossible case :D
The things i want are:
  • ODD bays
  • More than 2 HDD bays (however i could survive with 2)
  • Glass side panel
  • Fan controller/hub
I wanted to add "RGB" and "Vertical GPU mount" too, but im pretty sure those can be added to all modern cases. Anyways, im currently looking at the "Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass", and its pretty much perfect. The only thing that i dont really like is the weight and size of it, that's why im asking for more recommendations. Thanks in advance!

Solution
I have the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M tempered Glass edition case, and it has been a good case for my needs. I swapped out the Phanteks fans for Corsair LL RGB fans, and overall it works great.

The only downside, is that if you go with 3x 120mm fans in front (as opposed to 2x 140mm), then the top half of one of the fans is partially obstructed. I still use an optical drive, and the Phanteks case has room for one optical drive slot, which was good news for me.

I have 6 Corsair LL RGB fans in my case, 3x 120mm and 3x 140mm, and the RGB effect is great. On the other hand though, my motherboard didn't have enough fan connectors for all six fans, so while all 6 of my fans light up, only 5 actually spin. I only purchase one fan splitter cable...
Hello! Recently ive been wanting to upgrade/change my case. The problem is: i really want the new case to have a few specific things, some of which are rare nowadays. I was hoping that some of you could help me find this impossible case :D
The things i want are:
  • ODD bays
  • More than 2 HDD bays (however i could survive with 2)
  • Glass side panel
  • Fan controller/hub
I wanted to add "RGB" and "Vertical GPU mount" too, but im pretty sure those can be added to all modern cases. Anyways, im currently looking at the "Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass", and its pretty much perfect. The only thing that i dont really like is the weight and size of it, that's why im asking for more recommendations. Thanks in advance!
Have you looked at the Enthoo Pro M ? Same basic design sized down from full tower to midtower. Has the same concept as full tower but less of the same options. Single ODD etc..
http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M.html

Ive seen it, yes, but sadly it doesnt have a fan hub.

Why a fan hub? Not that im trying to dissuade you but manually adjusting the fans has gone the way of the dino. There are automated fan hubs with thermistors if your motherboard doesn't handle it. They are controlled via internal motherboard usb port.

But i don't know of one modern motherboard without any form of temperature regulated fan headers.

rllb4

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
Why a fan hub? Not that im trying to dissuade you but manually adjusting the fans has gone the way of the dino. There are automated fan hubs with thermistors if your motherboard doesn't handle it. They are controlled via internal motherboard usb port.

But i don't know of one modern motherboard without any form of temperature regulated fan headers.

My motherboard has only 3 fan headers, but id have more than 3 fans in my case, and i dont really want to buy alot of splitters.

berlin88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I have the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M tempered Glass edition case, and it has been a good case for my needs. I swapped out the Phanteks fans for Corsair LL RGB fans, and overall it works great.

The only downside, is that if you go with 3x 120mm fans in front (as opposed to 2x 140mm), then the top half of one of the fans is partially obstructed. I still use an optical drive, and the Phanteks case has room for one optical drive slot, which was good news for me.

I have 6 Corsair LL RGB fans in my case, 3x 120mm and 3x 140mm, and the RGB effect is great. On the other hand though, my motherboard didn't have enough fan connectors for all six fans, so while all 6 of my fans light up, only 5 actually spin. I only purchase one fan splitter cable instead of two, so for the last two years, one of my fans is a lights only fan, and doesn't actually spin. I have never gotten around to ordering a 2nd fan splitter cable, so that 2nd fan may never actually do anything other than light up.

I am currently looking at replacing my case, when I upgrade my system, but the Enthoo Pro is still a decent case.

Solution