Need some expert opinion on my tight budget decision!

Caramelman

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
So before I bring up my dilemma, here are some of my PC's specs,

Motherboard: ECS G41T-M6
PC: Pentium Dual-core E5700 (w/stock cooler)
RAM: Winova 4GB x1
PSU: E-view 500w (peak) (very generic PSU)
GPU: AMD Radeon 5450 silent
HDD: WD Blue 500GB
(Additonal note: My room has not much ventilation, my country is hot, and I survive on a stand fan which air does not reach my computer)

My PC is definitely not the strongest, and from where I am (Malaysia) everything especially PC components are much expensive compared to certain other countries. Also coming from my background, I was always struggling to even replace my PSU and HDD when they caused my PC to malfunction some times ago.

I've been able to run non-graphically intensive games (such as Hearthstone), instinctively adjusting all settings as low as possible to avoid any unwanted damage to my computer.

Recently, I decided to start live-streaming my Hearthstone gameplay (thankfully, only being a card game, I was able to run it while Open Broadcast Software would live stream it while I was never able to do it with other games no matter how much I downscaled them.)

More recently though, I've been encountering random moments when my viewers would tell me the audio from my stream would be out of sync, and other times also that my stream would be completely black with them only being able to hear my voice and the game's audio. I can't pinpoint exactly what could be the problem as I do not enough knowledge regarding computers and its components.

My guess, aside from a total upgrade, would be overheating of my processor. Please let me know if I am wrong, and you know what exactly the problem could be.

Thanks to the generous donations from some of my viewers, the goal of upgrading my PC is within sight. But for now, to stall the random out of sync audios and disappearance of my video feed, I was wondering if upgrading my PC cooler from stock to Cooler Master RR-H103-22PB-R1, and/or my generic PSU to COOLER MASTER Elite RS350-PSARI3-US 350W would do the trick.

Only for the meantime until the eventual upgrade of my mobo and processor. However, any experts feel like there's no preventing these problems until a full upgrade happens (mobo/PC/cooler/PSU) then I'll hold on until I have saved enough for it!

Thank you for your time in reading this :)

Solution
Before you spend money on a cooler, I would monitor the temperatures and see what they are when the problems occur. You don't want to spend money on that PC unless you have to. The temps may not be your problem. I would say that the age of your system and only having 4 GB's of RAM is more likely the problem. You can use HWMonitor to check your temps.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Before you spend money on a cooler, I would monitor the temperatures and see what they are when the problems occur. You don't want to spend money on that PC unless you have to. The temps may not be your problem. I would say that the age of your system and only having 4 GB's of RAM is more likely the problem. You can use HWMonitor to check your temps.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Solution