Question Need some GPU Help!!

Apr 22, 2020
Hey everyone,
This question may seem super broad, and so if you need me to specify anything please let me know. I am looking to upgrade my Nvidia GTX 750 Ti. For all I know, it is a 6 pin connector. My power supply is 980W, but my biggest confusion comes in the 6 pin connector. The power supply has a 6 pin connector, but also has an extra 2 pins that aren't apart of the 6 pin connector. I guess its called a 6+2 pin connector? Either way, I wanted to know if this means I can buy an 8 pin connector, or if I have to stick with a 6 pin connector. Also, I would love some recommendations on what to upgrade to! Hopefully this wasn't too confusing XD

GTX750ti should not have/need any 6 pin connector,

What is the make/model of your psu?
Such a strong 980w unit should have several connectors of the 6+2 variety that can be plugged into either a 8 pin graphics power port or a 6 pin port.
In the case of a 6 pin port, the +2 is just left dangling.
You should be able to buy any graphics card you want.

Apr 22, 2020
GTX750ti should not have/need any 6 pin connector,

What is the make/model of your psu?
Such a strong 980w unit should have several connectors of the 6+2 variety that can be plugged into either a 8 pin graphics power port or a 6 pin port.
In the case of a 6 pin port, the +2 is just left dangling.
You should be able to buy any graphics card you want.

To start with, I have a Cool Power Gamer Series 980 Watt (model CP-G980)

Also, the 750TI Positively has a 6 pin connector from the PSU to the graphics card, maybe my terminology is incorrect, but there is definitely a 6 pin connected to the GPU

Would a picture of my computer maybe help?