[SOLVED] Need some guidance with GPU's

nerodero

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
I have a 5600 XT. Had numerous issues with it relating to it crashing, not getting optimal performance etc. Been having these issues for roughly a year so I give up trying to fix it.
I want a new GPU but considering what's going on right now (low stock, high prices) im not sure what to do. I have the option to buy a 3060 which is around £600, but the performance difference between the two GPU's doesnt make it worth it at all.
PC Specs:
R5 2600
16GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM
AORUS B450 M Motherboard
550W PSU

Should I buy the RX 3060 or wait for GPU's to restock? And if so what GPU do I look for? I was thinking a 3070. thank you.

Solution
Early indicators are starting to come in that because of China's recent antimining campaign prices have started to fall a little bit. MSRP on these cards are somewhat reasonable in comparison with what you would have to pay to actually get a good 3000 series card. I would still wait a little bit but from the looks of it we may be seeing quantity demanded on the curve back off a little bit which should bring prices down.

nerodero

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021

Unfortunately I have already tried those. I have scanned through the AMDHelp reddit also, with numerous people having the same problems and providing solutions with no success. Also tried installing drivers with/without adrenaline, reverting to old drivers, lowering the graphics, lowering ram speeds (i thought my RAM could've been the issue), using DDU to fresh install my drivers multiple times, used an AMD software (cant remember the name) which let me SPECIFICALLY install only drivers for the GPU. none of these have worked.

Thank you for the suggestion though

jasonf2

Distinguished
Early indicators are starting to come in that because of China's recent antimining campaign prices have started to fall a little bit. MSRP on these cards are somewhat reasonable in comparison with what you would have to pay to actually get a good 3000 series card. I would still wait a little bit but from the looks of it we may be seeing quantity demanded on the curve back off a little bit which should bring prices down.

Solution