Need some help choosing some monitors...

Dazzah

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
I want three monitors for multi-monitor gaming, for the middle panel i was thinking a TN panel for the amazing refresh rates and the two at the side could be IPS so they will have lower refresh rates but better image quality especially for being at an angle of my sight

TN panel --- http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313

IPS Panel --- Still need to find one

And Also the TN Panel has Nvidia 3D vision 2.0 and i guess the other two wont so what would it be like playing the with only one monitor 3D and the two side panels 2D...

Would this be a good set-up or is it just sh*t

tmacg55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
I recommend getting the BENQ XL2411Z over the asus, the benq has been refreshed more recently than the asus model which is aging. I totally agree that TN 144hz monitors are the way to go for a nice pc gaming experience and use my benq everyday.

Are you planning on playing a game on all 3 screens at the same time or using the alt screens on the side for productivity? You really don't need IPS screens on the side because they will be facing you anyway. Save yourself the money and go all TN. Or just go with "one" really nice IPS 1440p screen to compliment your 144hz benq :)

Dazzah

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
But i have seen some really nice ips 1080p monitors for cheaper but the only thing is that they are 60hz and because they will be at the side i wont really see the screen tearing anyway..and spread all over the 3 monitors

Thanks for the help

tmacg55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

I can't see that working at all, it would really be weird playing 144fps, then 60fps on the other monitors even if it did work. That would really mess up your eyes. I know I have to adjust my eyes every time I switch from using my 60hz for a long time back to 144hz.

Like I suggest, just get one productivity monitor and a 144hz gaming monitor, otherwise get 3x 60hz IPS screens if you care that much about surround gaming.