Question Need some help getting my bluetooth headphones to work!?

Mar 23, 2019
Okay so I recently got the hyper x mix headphones and the bluetooth doesnt seem to work correctly on pc. When i connect it via bluetooth, it installs two drivers, the handsfree and the stereo. With both of them on, i can use the mic but there isnt any audio output. If i turn the handfree driver off, the headphones work fine but the mic doesnt work. Does anyone know hwo to fix this?

Have you visited the manufacturer's web site to be sure you have the right driver(s)? If so, you should contact the manufacturer for support. I have Bluetooth speakers on my laptop and a desktop, and both are working fine with Windows 10.

"If i turn the handfree driver off" - just what do you mean exactly? Do you actually go to device manager and disable the device? Shouldn't do that.

Windows installs two devices for Bluetooth headsets because of how Bluetooth works: Bluetooth can't transmit high-quality audio simultaneously with microphone input. That's why the second device is created - Headphones, where high-quality audio is enabled but microphone doesn't work. If Headset is selected, your audio is of lower quality but you get the mic.

You should not disable anything, but simply select the variant from a menu on a taskbar
select-speaker-win-10.jpg