[SOLVED] Need some help identifying PCIe slots on my motherboard

donutcoffee

Prominent
Jan 3, 2021
Hi everyone! I'm a bit of a noob, so I apologize in advance for my noobiness.

From what I understand, all motherboards which has multiple PCIe slots, to which I can connect one or more graphics cards or other accessories. I am trying to identify these PCIe slots to figure out which one has what bandwidth and width and all that stuff.

The motherboard I have is linked over here.

From what I understand, at the top left there seem to be four (4) PCIe slots. Of these four slots, two of them are white. They seem to be PCIe x16 slots. Furthermore, I think that they are PCIe 3.0 slots because this is an old motherboard which was released when PCIe 4.0 wasn't a thing.

Next to the white ones, there is a much shorter black PCIe slot. I presume that this is a PCIe 3.0 x1 slot, because it's much shorter than the white ones.

Next to that is yet another PCIe slot, and I'd say that it's also a PCIe 3.0 x16 slot because it's the same dimensions as the white ones. However, I'm kind of confused why it's a different color and also why it isn't in line with the other PCIe slots.

My analysis may be wrong. I would appreciate if someone could explain this to me! Thank you very much for the help.

Solution
• 1x PCI Express x16
• 1x PCI Express x1
• 2x PCI

the motherboard is so old. is not 3.0, it is 1.0

rgd1101

Don't
• 1x PCI Express x16
• 1x PCI Express x1
• 2x PCI

Reactions: donutcoffee
Solution

donutcoffee

Prominent
Jan 3, 2021
• 1x PCI Express x16
• 1x PCI Express x1
• 2x PCI

Thanks, literally just saw this myself. I had been searching using the wrong terms so I didn't find anything before.

Any idea what the difference is between the PCI and PCIe? I tried looking it up but it was kind of confusing. Also are these all PCI(e) 3.0?