[SOLVED] Need some help locating options for a tower cooler ITX build

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I have an MSI Z590I ITX motherboard with an 11600K. I have various RAM that I can use, so height isn't an issue. The case is a Rajintek Metis Plus that I have modified for air flow. The case specs show 160mm tower (cooler) clearance, but after my mod I am closer to 155-156mm actual height. I have a Cooler Master 212 LED (EVO) that specs at 160mm and it will not fit with the side panel on.

I am wanting a black tower air cooler with one fan. The only black cooler that I can find that for sure will fit and is as big as I would like to have (or close) is the HN-U9S.
Dark Rock and the Shadow Rock won't fit unless I use the "pancake" style that I would prefer not to use.
The CM 212 Black is 158.8 something high and I don't think it will fit, although that price range is quite attractive.

Are there any other well performing black tower coolers that I am missing looking at that are sub 155mm high and less expensive than the ~$80 Noctua?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Can you elaborate on the "pancake" style you're referring to...? You might want to go for an AIO if aircooler's aren't working for you but then again I think you might have just one 120/140mm fan option in that case, right?

Shadow Rock TF2, for instance, or what is often called "low profile".

The case has a 2 fan positions. I think the rear one is a 140, but the specs show it as a 120, and a 120 on top. I currently have the rear fan turned to pull air in and the plexi side panel replaced with "critter cage" and thus the difference in stock height. Got a Noctua on top also pulling in.
I prefer to use the tower fan alongside that rear fan, working with each other and also why I don't want the "LP" configuration. It is super less than optimal with this case.