Need some help making decisions on a new build

allahpayneyo

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Currently I have a G3258 with an HD 7950 HIS IceQ Boost. This was mainly going to be used for coach gaming. Etc, I have a gaming rig with sli 980s hooked up to triple monitors, and instead of fumbling with cables every time I switch to the TV I'd like to just power on my new computer and play. Now, I'm becoming more and more power hungry as I feel the hd 7950 will not suffice. Here's the skinny.
Option 1 - Keep the g3258 and the hd 7950, and just stick it out with playing lower fps. (Hd 7950 was $130 total)
Option 2 - Use $170 Amazon credit, then pay $180 out of pocket for an MSI GTX 970. Then, because I'd hate to have such a powerful gpu with such a low budget gpu, possibly upgrade to an i5-4690k, which has it's own costs in itself.
I currently have a PC MATE Z97 board, and do not know really where to go from here, as I am pretty stuck.
Side question - Will the Kraken G10 fit on the msi twin frozr v 970? Looking to get the bracket for 30 and a cheaper used liquid cooler to go along with it.
What do you guys think I should do? I can post the pcpartpicker if you all need. Thanks!

mastrom101

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
A wired internet connection is strongly recommended. In terms of the PC, it can run off your current CPU. If you have money available, you could switch to a different case that will fit inside a media cabinet.

Can you post the PCPartPicker of your current build?