[SOLVED] Need some help, missing pins!

Sep 22, 2021
Hi guys!
I have an old pc and I won’t buy a new one before ddr5 and the new chipsets are out. I just bought a crucial mx500 250gb.
I have an old dirt cheap 400w power supply with 2 sata cables. My problem is that both cables are missing 3 pins next from the L shaped notch. I searched for answers and found that those are the 3.3V pins and on paper my ssd doesn’t even use them. Am I right? Can I use a 12 pin sata cable for my new and shiny ssd? Btw this is my first ssd ever and I’m not a tech guy, I just don’t want screw it up. I have some free molex cables but I don’t want to risk using a molex to sata adapter and then burning down the house.
Thank you for helping me out.

Hi guys!
I have an old pc and I won’t buy a new one before ddr5 and the new chipsets are out. I just bought a crucial mx500 250gb.
I have an old dirt cheap 400w power supply with 2 sata cables. My problem is that both cables are missing 3 pins next from the L shaped notch. I searched for answers and found that those are the 3.3V pins and on paper my ssd doesn’t even use them. Am I right? Can I use a 12 pin sata cable for my new and shiny ssd? Btw this is my first ssd ever and I’m not a tech guy, I just don’t want screw it up. I have some free molex cables but I don’t want to risk using a molex to sata adapter and then burning down the house.
SSDs use same pins as HDDs, don't need 3.3v for them.

Hi guys!
SSDs use same pins as HDDs, don't need 3.3v for them.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS