[SOLVED] Need some help on replacing my mouse's microswitch

clementttttttt

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
Recently I need a good amount of force to make the mouse register the right click, so I'm planning to replace the switch on it. But my mouse's original microswitch has 2 pins. However, the replacement has 3 pins. I searched for a pinout of the switch, but absolutely no result. Is it ok to do that? (the circuit board of my mouse actually has a hole for a 3 pin microswitch, but I'm not really sure if it'll work.)

Solution
Recently I need a good amount of force to make the mouse register the right click, so I'm planning to replace the switch on it.
You should hit that with some contact spray and work it in,as long as it works it works,needing force means that it's dirty.

Switches with 3 pins usually stay in position, you push them and they stay off or they stay on,a switch with 2 pins gives a momentary impulse (as long as they are pressed) so I don't think this switch will work for a mouse.
Recently I need a good amount of force to make the mouse register the right click, so I'm planning to replace the switch on it.
You should hit that with some contact spray and work it in,as long as it works it works,needing force means that it's dirty.

Switches with 3 pins usually stay in position, you push them and they stay off or they stay on,a switch with 2 pins gives a momentary impulse (as long as they are pressed) so I don't think this switch will work for a mouse.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS