RandomMushroom

Reputable
Feb 8, 2020
Hi everyone, so I can't decide wich of these to get:

• Samsung Galaxy tab S6 lite 2022
  • Wacom one, screen display 13"
  • Huion Kamvas 16" (not pro)
  • iPad Air (not sure about model)
I can invest up to 780$, not sure about the last one (ipad), my main concern is how responsive the tool is, I've seen tons of video reviews and in some cases the line is a bit laggy behind the pen stroke. Portability isn't as important as drawing experience in my case.

Pc specs:

Ryzen 3 3200g 4 cores
Rx 6600
16 GB Ram
1 TB NVME

THANKS!

Last edited:
Solution
Out of the ones listed above, I'd get the Wacom as I've had experience with them prior. IMHO, every touch panel(which is what a tablet is) will have some form of input lag prior to the command going through.
iPad Air with Apple Pencil is only 60Hz so you should watch videos comparing it to the faster iPad Pro to see if the slight jerkiness/lagginess is acceptable to you. In fact all of those are 60Hz refresh so cannot be faster than 17ms maximum lag even if processing time is zero.

iPad Pro and Surface Pro/Surface Book are 120Hz (and the latter two use Wacom technology) but out of your stated price range unless previously-owned.

Reactions: RandomMushroom

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Tablet vs Pen Display :unsure: Lets not go into the difference.

For a PC/Laptop " Pen Display"

XPPen Artist Pro 16 Drawing Display ~$350

It's a rugged unit with good features and at a reasonable price, the Wacom Cintiq 16 or Kamvas Pro 16 are only slightly better at nearly double the cost.

Physical Tablets

Optimally you want an 11-inch or better screen with a good color gambit, DPI, and Aspect Ratio, none of the S6s are really good at any of that. iPad Pro and the Galaxy Tab S7+ are great options but might push that budget. For something smaller "10 inches" The Ipad Air is very good.

Reactions: RandomMushroom
Status
Not open for further replies.