Question Need some help to choose a power supply

WeirdoWolf0106

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
So I am planning on building a new machine but not sure what psu wattage to get. Note that I do want to OC a little bit the CPU and GPU. Here are the specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus prime B350M-A
Radeon RX 5700X
2x8gb 3000mhz ram modules
2xHDD 7.2rpm
500gb SSD
H100i v2 cooler/NZXT kraken m22 (haven't decided on which one yet)
and maybe a DVD drive. Haven't decided either.

I need something that is of good quality as well but not too pricey. Thank you in advance

Captaingadget

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
I would suggest for your system which is pretty high end, you want gold rated at least, Corsair AXi or RMi or SF although the Vengeance Silver ones are good. Just a comment on your overclock, there's not much (if any) overclocking headroom on the Zen 2 chips, they seem to be pretty well binned by AMD so might not be worth bothering with the extra expense of liquid cooling unless you're just doing it for the hell of it!;)

WeirdoWolf0106

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
I would suggest for your system which is pretty high end, you want gold rated at least, Corsair AXi or RMi or SF although the Vengeance Silver ones are good. Just a comment on your overclock, there's not much (if any) overclocking headroom on the Zen 2 chips, they seem to be pretty well binned by AMD so might not be worth bothering with the extra expense of liquid cooling unless you're just doing it for the hell of it!;)

Ok so if overclocking isnt really worth it then i will pass on OC but i will stay with liquid cooling for the hell of it lol. Shops here only have rmx and vengeance series so kinda have to choose between those. But i think the rm750x has a gold rating right?

Captaingadget

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
Yep the RM750x is gold rated and a solid PSU. Something else I've just noticed is you have a B350 mobo paired with a Ryzen Zen 2 CPU , any reason you didn't go with a B450 mobo? There's a pretty high chance the 3700x won't work with the B350 without a BIOS update, whereas most (but not all, so do check!) B450 mobos are now shipped with the BIOS updated to take the Zen 2 CPUs

WeirdoWolf0106

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
I am aware of the bios update needed. Reason is because i already have that mobo in my current pc and if i can save costs then yeah. If it ends up not functioning properly then i will get a b450