[SOLVED] Need some help trying to upgrade from Windows 8.1 Single Language to Windows 10?

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021
Hello
I am currently using windows 8.1 single language and i want to upgrade to windows 10 pro(I also have the product key for it) but when i try to run the setup,the setup says that it will be installing windows 10 Home Single Language
I wanted the Windows 10 Pro
How do i get the pro version without single language and the setup didnt even ask for a product key
I also have a product key for the normal 8.1 as well
What do i do to get the Windows 10 Pro and not Windows 10 home single language?
R.I.P English

Solution
It is installing Home Single Language because you are performing an upgrade and not a fresh install.

Create a USB boot media using the official Microsoft tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
You will need a USB stick with at least 8GB on it

Boot from the USB and choose a fresh install of Windows 10 and it should show you the option to install Pro.
If you already have a license for that computer, it should detect your BIOS identifier once installed and activate itself without having to enter a product key

In all honesty though, Home is exactly the same as Pro, the only things you don't get are BitLocker and the ability to join managed domains (like if you ran your own company). I have home on most...

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
It is installing Home Single Language because you are performing an upgrade and not a fresh install.

Create a USB boot media using the official Microsoft tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Boot from the USB and choose a fresh install of Windows 10 and it should show you the option to install Pro.
If you already have a license for that computer, it should detect your BIOS identifier once installed and activate itself without having to enter a product key

In all honesty though, Home is exactly the same as Pro, the only things you don't get are BitLocker and the ability to join managed domains (like if you ran your own company). I have home on most of my PCs because it just boots a little quicker than Pro and I don't run an Active Directory at home or use BitLocker.

Solution

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021

In all honesty though, Home is exactly the same as Pro, the only things you don't get are BitLocker and the ability to join managed domains (like if you ran your own company). I have home on most of my PCs because it just boots a little quicker than Pro and I don't run an Active Directory at home or use BitLocker.
Thanks You so muchhh

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021

[/QUOTE
is there another way of doing it without and usb stick cuz i dont have one:(