[SOLVED] Need some help upgrading

Nov 24, 2020
Hey guys I got a Lenovo legion t530-28icb I had it for a while I'm running on 1660 ti 16GB of ram i5-9400 not sure on PSU i think it's 450, I'm looking to save some money by reusing the case and getting a new motherboard new graphics card and a higher PSU but I wanna keep my i5-9400 and my ram and my hard drives, etc, can anyone be able to give me some help on getting a motherboard that would fit and be able to run my parts and the new ones to come in :) (I'm very new to building I only ever upgraded a graphics card / ram ) (Looking for a gaming motherboard)

Solution
So should I just upgrade PSU and then be able to upgrade from a 1660 ti also I'm confused on the size of a psu for my case also do you think I should upgrade my proccers cause right now I'm running every game I play fine (cold war 100 fps) i just want to have a little upgrade to like a 2060
If your running every thing fine then their no reason to upgrade.

Going from a 1660ti to a 2060 is not enough of a upgrade to spend the money on.
Nov 24, 2020
That motherboard is not a standard size so to keep the case you need to keep the motherboard also.

Their no reason to replace the motherboard anyhow if your using the same processor.

So should I just upgrade PSU and then be able to upgrade from a 1660 ti also I'm confused on the size of a psu for my case also do you think I should upgrade my proccers cause right now I'm running every game I play fine (cold war 100 fps) i just want to have a little upgrade to like a 2060

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If your running every thing fine then their no reason to upgrade.

Going from a 1660ti to a 2060 is not enough of a upgrade to spend the money on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS