[SOLVED] Need some help with a WD 3TB My Book that after removing the partions, now shows 1, 2TB space, and 1, 1TB space, that I can't join back up to 3TB.

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Hi, I need some help with a WD 3TB My Book that after removing the partition it, now shows 1, 2TB space, and 1, 1TB space, that I can't join back up to 3TB.

Before it showed as 1 3TB space. I tried making a simple partition with the first part and the "extend" option is greyed out. Both partitions are unallocated space. BTW, the smaller space shows all options greyed out. Also i ran into a road block using diskpart. It said to use the /override option but I must be implementing it wrong as it says the argument is wrong. If someone could tell me the correct way to express that, it might solve my problems.

Thanks!

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Thanks for the quick reply, but I figured it out. it was set as a Basic MBR instead of a Basic GPT.

I'm not going to delete the post since the answer might help others. If I can't pick myself as the answer (which I doubt I can) I'll pick you so it shows up as solved.

Thanks!

Edit: Well what do you know, you can pick yourself as having the best answer! Seems a little narcissistic though. lol ;)

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
lol NOW you tell me. ;)

Edit: I thought you were kidding, but knew that you might not be. And I'm starting to think you weren't, because my "best answer" over my post is gone. lol

Edit: OK, wasn't a joke. Not suppose to pick yourself as the answer currently.

Last edited: