Question Need some help with fans.

Feb 27, 2019
So as the title says I am getting an Strix Z390-E Mobo. I am also buying 6 Corsair RGB fans. The mobo will not be able to fit all six fans along with my cooler. So my question is how would I get all the 6 fans to work without plugging all 6 directly into mobo? Would I have to get like a commander pro and plug the fans into commander pro for power?

What is your case model, because it MAY have a build in fan hub for just this reason. If not, then you will need to get some kind of PWM fan hub, if those are PWM fans. Since you don't list the model of the fans, I'm assuming they are PWM but there are still a lot of 3 pin voltage controlled models out there.

If you need a fan hub, you can simply get something like this (There are MANY different PWM and 3 pin fan hubs to choose from. This one happens to be reasonably priced):

https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-FH-...s=PWM+fan+hub&qid=1552282020&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Of course, that's only for fan operation and won't be particularly helpful with RGB controls, but if your motherboard has built in RGB controls, depending on the model of the fan, you might not need a separate RGB controller. Hard to say without knowing all the involved hardware.

Last edited:
You need:
CORSAIR Commander PRO
At least one multi-pack fans that includes the Lightning Node Pro/RGB fan hub.

• Connect all fan RGB connectors to the RGB fan hub (supports 6)
  • Connect RGB fan hub to RGB Channel #1 of CCP
  • Connect all fan PWM connectors to PWM channels of CCP
  • Install Corsair Link
Newegg Business sells:
Corsair LL Series CO-9050072-WW LL120 RGB, 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan, 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO

Would be helpful to know the model of the fans. Remember there are plenty of universally compatible RGB fans out there that work fine with a number of controllers including some of the onboard motherboard controllers. But Calvin might be right, I just can't say without knowing the exact fan model or kit.