Need some help with my new GPU

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
So I originally had a R9 390 by MSI. I decided I would upgrade to a MSI GTX 1070 Ti.

I uninstalled the AMD drivers and other software through the control panel and the programs menu that allows you to uninstall different types of programs. I also ran CC cleaner as well and cleaned out the registry.

The problem I am having is even after all that when I open task manager and look under background processes I see these AMD programs or whatever they are running called external client and there is two of them. Though the second one is called something else and not module.

How can I get rid of them? When I right click and go to the file locations they take me to the windows system 32 file. So I am a little leary of messing around with that file too much. I don't want to have to redo my whole computer.

It's like AMD software is some kind of virus you can't get rid of. lol

Also it says the MSI 1070 Ti has a core clock of 1607 and a boost clock of 1683. I have seen mine go as high as 1866. Is that normal? The MSI after burner screen display doesn't say 100% of the card is being used either.

My specs

Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit
16GB RAM
i7 6700
MSI GTX 1070 Ti

Lutfij

Titan
Did you use DDU to rid your platform of all traces of AMD drivers? On another note, mind sharing your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014

No, I just uninstalled them.

i7 6700
Asus H170 Pro Gaming
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Mushkin 120 GB SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB HDD
MSI GTX 1070 Ti
EVGA 750 watt modular PSU
Fractal R5
Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit

My BIOS probably isn't the newest version but I did recently upgrade it some time this past summer. I have no idea what version it is.

TRENDING THREADS