Question Need some help with my printer splashing ink when printing on photo paper

nvincent_08

Reputable
i need some help, so my printer somehow splash ink at the corner end of every picture i print with glossy photo paper, i'm using epson l220 for those who wonder, i also only use generic brand glossy photo paper (does paper brand/quality/type selection affect/cause this?), this problem only occur if i print with glossy paper, normal paper don't have this problem.

i just purchased kodak's 230gsm high gloss paper and the 270gsm ultra premium satin paper to find out, i hope someone can help me before i use the paper to test, i don't want to waste more paper and keep getting the splash, need to go green a bit lol;)
any help or suggestion appreciated, thanks!:)

here's one picture with splash on it, cut the white border so the splash might not be so visible
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MCiHzncRuYaKdeMZIYv_n1D9w366AFAF/view?usp=sharing

nvincent_08

Reputable
after doing some print with the kodak photo paper i just bought, i got no ink splash anymore, not sure what exactly the problem is. for sure after comparing the surface, the generic brand paper i used that got the ink splash problem have quite a weird surface, it texture is like the kodak satin paper, but slightly more glossy ish, however, still the result is a glossy print. do paper thickness and quality matter?. im noticing that the generic brand is only 180gsm paper, meanwhile the satin is 270gsm and the glossy is 230gsm, also they felt like they have higher quality, especially the satin as it is kodak ultra premium photo paper