rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
My OS SSD is at 25% on CrystalDiskInfo.... I dont know whether or not that is super bad. It is old so I get it but yea. I dont know if I have any backups or recovery and I dont know what I need to really do to recover my data or any files. I dont know much at all about the software side of PCs and am kind of worried at this point. To top it off, I have an essay exam that I have to work on for the next 3 days. So what do I do? Do I just clone it to my 1TB drive? There are games and files on there I would want to keep so I am worried that they would be deleted... Im also worried that Ill mess this process up somehow and be in a position where I cannot get my PC functioning again to work on this essay. Can any help suggest anything?
Samsung 750 EVO (250gb) is where my OS is installed on
Samsung 870 EVO (1TB) is my extra drive where I have some games and files installed on.

Any help would be super appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
You could just move the users folder onto the larger SSD to safeguard your mission critical folders, i.e, folders within Users in C drive. I tend to do this;
Go to C:\Users\(account name for PC)>Right click on (the)every folder you need to move to your other drive>Properties>Location>and set C: drive to D: drive, e.g: C:\Users\(Username)\Videos to D:\Users\(Username)\Videos and so and so forth.

I tend to leave the OS and the apps alone since reinstalling the OS should take a couple of minutes and a couple of more for the apps. Mission critical files aren't going to be available off the www, IMHO.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
You could just move the users folder onto the larger SSD to safeguard your mission critical folders, i.e, folders within Users in C drive. I tend to do this;
Go to C:\Users\(account name for PC)>Right click on (the)every folder you need to move to your other drive>Properties>Location>and set C: drive to D: drive, e.g: C:\Users\(Username)\Videos to D:\Users\(Username)\Videos and so and so forth.

I tend to leave the OS and the apps alone since reinstalling the OS should take a couple of minutes and a couple of more for the apps. Mission critical files aren't going to be available off the www, IMHO.
Ok wait Im confused. So I just take my User folder and move it to my other drive and then do a fresh install of windows?

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021

[/QUO

Like I just want my everything on my desktop to be the same. So wouldnt it be just easier to clone my OS to my new SSD? I only have games on this new SSD that I can redownload so its not a huge deal. I just really want everything on my new drive.