[SOLVED] Need some help with upgrading OS

Czar of Games

Commendable
Jul 4, 2017
Just bought a used PC for a good deal everything is nice with it except I didn't realize that the OS is 32bit and not a 64bit its Windows 10 Pro
I plan to use the pc for gaming so I was wonder how I can upgrade the os from 32 to 64 I know there is someway to do it with a usb or something but can someone give me a detailed tutorial or something. (Bought Pc from FB Marketplace)

Solution
Just bought a used PC for a good deal everything is nice with it except I didn't realize that the OS is 32bit and not a 64bit its Windows 10 Pro
I plan to use the pc for gaming so I was wonder how I can upgrade the os from 32 to 64 I know there is someway to do it with a usb or something but can someone give me a detailed tutorial or something. (Bought Pc from FB Marketplace)
Windows 10?

You will absolutely need to do a full wipe and reinstall.
There is no 'upgrade' from 32bit to 64bit.

And for any used system, you personally need to do a full wipe and reinstall anyway.

USAFRet

Titan
Windows 10?

You will absolutely need to do a full wipe and reinstall.
There is no 'upgrade' from 32bit to 64bit.

And for any used system, you personally need to do a full wipe and reinstall anyway.

Solution

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
And make sure that when you download the ISO or create the bootable USB media using the Media Creation Tool that you explicitly select the 64-bit version.

If you are creating this on your current machine, it will likely default to 32-bit, as every time I've run the Media Creation Tool it tries to match what's currently on the system. It's a simple matter to uncheck the checkbox that makes this "match it" behavior occur and manually select the 64-bit version.

Doing a completely clean reinstall (options a & b are downloadable PDF files):

a) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File

b) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive

c) How to do a CLEAN Installation of Windows 10 (Tom’s Hardware Forums, with screen shots)