Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully617

Reputable
Oct 3, 2015
Hey everyone. I need some help.

The pastor of my Church wants to record the church services. He wants to also send that to a television downstairs and in the hallway as it's happening, basically, he wants to pass the signal through the camera, to those TV's while recording. I know it's possible, but I'm trying to do it on a resonable budget. I thought about suggesting going over RF (long distance) plus that way, everything would be on a dedicated channel (3 or 4) can anyone offer up some suggestions I could use to make this easier?

Thanks so much in advance!

Your best off asking for professional help, especially if it's only one time.

If not, you need some fairly expensive hardware depending on the type of TV you have.
- If your TV supports DLNA, you can actually connect the camera to a computer and then stream it fairly easily, as you would with any home theater setup.
-If it only supports HDMI, you'll need a camera that can output HDMI while recording, and then HDMI hub and long distance (repeater) cables.
- If the TVs only support coaxial, you'll need either a system that can output to coaxial (decent quality ones are getting expensive since it's a niche application), or you'll need to use a converter box for one of the two above (like slingbox, etc)
- (suggested) You can try using a video capture card or high quality webcam connected to a computer, and they using a TV streamer/HTPC for each TV, streaming the service throughout using either ethernet or wifi. This method also lets you use the TVs as information panels while there are no services, and also lets you easily upgrade to internet streaming if they want to go that route later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.