Need some help

Coldstar12

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
I have a 2TB WD Black HD with a copy of windows 10 which is upgraded from Windows 7 OEM, i plan on getting a new PC soon which comes with windows 10 Pre-installed, now heres the problem i want to use my 2TB WD harddive on this new PC and im pretty sure i cant use the drive on a new PC with an OEM so does anyone know of a way that i can either use my old HD with the old install or a way to swap the pre-installed windows 10 on the new hardeive to my old drive?

Solution
You don't need to swap anything to use your other drive, as long as you are using it for storage not for the boot drive. If you are thinking to just boot up the new computer with the old drive and have all your programs work, that is not likely to work. It most likely with crash soon as Windows tries to load.

To use it as a secondary drive, it does not matter what is installed on it since it is not a boot drive.
You don't need to swap anything to use your other drive, as long as you are using it for storage not for the boot drive. If you are thinking to just boot up the new computer with the old drive and have all your programs work, that is not likely to work. It most likely with crash soon as Windows tries to load.

To use it as a secondary drive, it does not matter what is installed on it since it is not a boot drive.

Solution

Coldstar12

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013