Need some help

STAM1NA

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2007
Hello!
I currently have 2x 512MB A-DATA Technology DDR 400 PC3200 RAM. I also have a AMD X2 Dual Core processor.
Now I want to have 2GB RAM. I already read that some people are running different sizes of RAM. But would it also work with my processor which is a Dual Core?
I found RAM that I could buy. But I am not sure whether or not it would be able to cooperate with my current RAM.
Here is the CPU-Z screen of the Memory and SPD:
Screen of CPU-Z.

The description of the RAM I could buy says something about a CAS Latency (CL) 3. Here is the link to the product. Its a German website but I guess the specifications should be clear as they are international Standards (I hope).
Details for the RAM - Website.
Capacity: 1024 MB
Model: SIMM
Typ: SDRAM-DDR
Standard: DDR 400 (PC 3200)
CAS Latency: CL 3
184-pin
Organisation: 64Mx8
Voltage: 2,6 Volt

I hope this is as much information as you need. If you need more information just tell me. :)

It really depends on your motherboard. I use 4 sticks of 512 meg pc3200; 2 corsair dual channel, 1 ocz, and 1 pqi. I can run them by manually setting to cas 2.5, 6-3-3 or auto. You'll just have to try it.

STAM1NA

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2007
I see. Well, trying is the last option I would take. Cause paying 40 Euro for 1GB is not cheap, at least not for me.
Here's my motherboard:
Gigabyte GA K8NF-9
I hope this helps? :) But what you just said is, you are using different manufacturers (Corsair I know, OCZ?, PQI?) and just, ehm, set their latency to match? Is it easy to do this (probably in BIOS, right?)?