Helpmostimes

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
Ok let me do it this way....I bought an ASUS 7700 GTS 64.
Went thruogh all the set up,and still get colord lines,and a lockup after bootup.This is what im running....
Athlon 1g
FIC AZ11
256 pc100
300 watt P.S
3com Nik
SB 512
8 4 32 cdrw
Zip 100
36x cd
2-3" in fans ,1-2" and 1-4.25"out fan Plus a Global
Fob 38 with silver stuff.
Should I leave Well enough Alone?????? I Also Have a a
bad word.... Voodoo5 ...The grafics are spectacular Is it worth trying to replace the Voodoo for the 7700 For a few more points on MadOnion?Im a crazy person,and im allways upgraging...my wife is crazy..But its my toy and ,,,Well..<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Helpmostimes on 02/21/01 01:34 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

So the new asus card won't work at all? That's a bit wierd. Personally I wouldn't have thrown the V5 away for the GF2, but there is a substantial performance difference. (say 25-30%) However, I wouldn't have gotten the 64meg version, it performs the same as the 32meg but costs much more.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Voodoo drivers are hard to get rid of and will conflict with virtually any graphics card you install afterwards. Clean install of operating system will solve this. Other way is to comb through your Registry and hard drive for 3dfx* files and delete them. Once they are all removed try again. Also try placing your AGP in 2x by setting bios setting "AGP 4x Mode" to "disable", try this first. Let us know if this works or have any other questions.

Helpmostimes

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
Thanks Man...It is what i wanted to hear...Ive always trusted Voodoo,and have not had any Perks on Install with this Maker...I dont really care on MadOnion marks.A few more marks for What!!!If it works good,and gives good Performance,Your lucky..In these days of high Tech,Reliability is the Key...And I got it ..$ does go Faster,but ,,,,Well you Know....Thanks guys for the input.