[SOLVED] Need some info about Assassin's Creed games

Ivan96

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
Hi,i need info for someone who played all AC games. I was wondering which AC games force you to drive boats? I played AC 3 which have Naval battles but you don't have to play them if you don't want to and i finished whole game and didn't play any Naval mission. After that i tried Black Flag but obviously you can't avoid Naval battles in that game and i tried 3 times to play it but i just don't like Naval battles and can not finish that game because of that. So,i was wondering what are other AC games which i can play but without Naval fights because i know that AC Origins and Odyssey have naval battles but i don't know if you must play them like in AC4 or you can just avoid them like in AC3?

Solution
Avoid Rogue, as that also has a lot of naval battles. You also play as a Templar, which some are put off by.

Origins and especially Odyssey have naval battles too. I've not played Odyssey yet, but Origins is mostly land battles, and it's possible to level up far enough before even encountering any naval battles to play the Hidden Ones and Curse of the Pharaohs DLCs, both of which are very good (especially CotP), and have no naval battles. You WILL have to do a few naval battles to finish the main campaign though. Odyssey has tons of naval battles though.

Origins, like Odyssey, is open world though, so you could literally play 90% or more of the campaign, then if you want to finish it, change to lowest difficulty then play the naval...
Avoid Rogue, as that also has a lot of naval battles. You also play as a Templar, which some are put off by.

Origins and especially Odyssey have naval battles too. I've not played Odyssey yet, but Origins is mostly land battles, and it's possible to level up far enough before even encountering any naval battles to play the Hidden Ones and Curse of the Pharaohs DLCs, both of which are very good (especially CotP), and have no naval battles. You WILL have to do a few naval battles to finish the main campaign though. Odyssey has tons of naval battles though.

Origins, like Odyssey, is open world though, so you could literally play 90% or more of the campaign, then if you want to finish it, change to lowest difficulty then play the naval battles. Origins has tons of content and even after playing through it several times, I logged nearly 130 hrs playing the main campaign and two DLCs my last play through.

It's worth noting that the naval battles in Origins are also not the laborious grind some find the ones in AC IV and Rogue to be. You're piloting ancient warships that are slower, and the battle system is more automated. All you need do is hold brace (the whole crew ducks arrows), then release brace right after the arrows come and your entire crew will automatically return a volley of arrows without having to aim.

Of course it still helps to aim arrows at explosive objects hanging off the side of enemy ships, and steer well, which speeds up the process, but many just use the rinse and repeat brace/release method.

If you've not played AC1 or the the Ezio Trilogy (AC II, Brotherhood, and Revelations), they're great games with no naval battles, but I didn't like Revelations nearly as much as the first 2 in the trilogy. Also there's Unity and Syndicate. They don't have naval battles either, but you need fairly good hardware, especially for Unity.

I thought naval battles in AC3 felt awkward, and was glad when they were over. I got used to them much more in ACIV, and they were implemented a bit better. I soon came to really enjoy them once I honed my tactics. They are definitely easier in Origins, and there's no ship boarding to end the battle, and no forts.

Last edited:
Solution

Ivan96

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015

Origins, like Odyssey, is open world though, so you could literally play 90% or more of the campaign, then if you want to finish it, change to lowest difficulty then play the naval battles. Origins has tons of content and even after playing through it several times, I logged nearly 130 hrs playing the main campaign and two DLCs my last play through.

It's worth noting that the naval battles in Origins are also not the laborious grind some find the ones in AC IV and Rogue to be. You're piloting ancient warships that are slower, and the battle system is more automated. All you need do is hold brace (the whole crew ducks arrows), then release brace right after the arrows come and your entire crew will automatically return a volley of arrows without having to aim.

Of course it still helps to aim arrows at explosive objects hanging off the side of enemy ships, and steer well, which speeds up the process, but many just use the rinse and repeat brace/release method.

If you've not played AC1 or the the Ezio Trilogy (AC II, Brotherhood, and Revelations), they're great games with no naval battles, but I didn't like Revelations nearly as much as the first 2 in the trilogy. Also there's Unity and Syndicate. They don't have naval battles either, but you need fairly good hardware, especially for Unity.

I thought naval battles in AC3 felt awkward, and was glad when they were over. I got used to them much more in ACIV, and they were implemented a bit better. I soon came to really enjoy them once I honed my tactics. They are definitely easier in Origins, and there's no ship boarding to end the battle, and no forts.
Ok,thank you. I already played AC1 and Ezio Trilogy and also AC3. I don't mind if i have to do a couple missions with boats,it's not difficult and i'm not that bad in it but i just don't like it and a reason why i can not play Black Flag is that 90% of the game and main storyline is with boats and for me that is just ,,Pirate Simulator'' it shoudn't be AC game at all. I think AC game should be mostly on land like first 3 games,it's ok if it have some Naval battles or some optional quests with it but i think it shoudn't be forced. So i will play Unity,Syndicate and skip Rogue, and for the Origins, if it have a little bit of ,,forced'' naval battles i'll live. Now it's only left to find out about Odyssey.

Odyssey has quite a lot of naval battles since it's in ancient Greece. There's obviously tons of sea around Greece and they had a lot of sea battle prowess, so naturally that's a big part of the story. AC IV wasn't just called Black Flag for the hell of it, it was meant to be a pirate sim of sorts.